Eleven.

Day 23

I walk up the street to my apartment.

"Marcus what the hell is going on?"

"What do you mean ace? It seems to me everything is going fine."

"Explain the box of photographs and letters that were addressed to Cameron then. Explain why he just overreacted because of my hair."

"Madeline there is nothing to explain. Maybe you're the one overreacting. Just continue with what was planned and everything's gonna be alright. I have to go."

"No you can't just say you have to go. You're meant to be hiding me through this as well as have the plan sorted out." I wait for a response. "Marcus? MARCUS?" I put my phone back in my pocket and run into the apartment building to catch the elevator.

I go into my apartment and look through the box. I grab a handful of photos and look at them. I could see Cameron's beautiful smile in almost every photo. He was looking at this girl with such wonder and amazement.

As I went through all of the photos, I noticed there were no photos of this girls full face. Only half of her face was always shown. I grabbed more photos and went through them. A small piece of paper fell out.

'7.6.12 Cameron and Me started dating :) '

That's my birthday.

There were three photos marked with that date. I picked up one photo and froze. Why does she look like me?

A big wave of questions began to flood my mind. I was slowly drowned in all of these questions I had to call it a day.

I pick up my phone and go to my room.

"Hey Julie can you do me a favour?" I say.

"Of course Mads. What's up?"

"Would you be able to find the birth certificates of the targets precious girlfriend Gracie? And my birth certificate if you can."

"W- of course." She sounded unsure of what I asked her. She hangs up without me being able to ask her anything more. I sigh and sit in my bed.

I slowly fall a sleep.

"Madeline come here!" Cameron shouts. I run over to him and he smiles and pulls me into a hug. It was warm and felt right.

"Are you feeling better today?" I feel his head but I couldn't feel a temperature.

"I'm feeling way better since you came here." I blush at this cheesy moment. He sits down and pulls me next to him.

We looked up at the sky and watched the clouds pass by. He moves around a bit and taps my shoulder. I sit up and look at him.

He was kneeling on one knee with a case held in his hands.

"I've known you for the longest time. I've fallen in love with you to many times that I've lost count. I know this is the thing to do because if I don't do this, I might be to late and you might fall in love with someone else. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Go to sleep with you in my arms. Wake up knowing you're going to be right next to me. Gracie, will you marry me?"

I look at him and smile. I try to say something but nothing came out.

"Gracie? Please answer me." I couldn't say anything.

Sirens were all around me. Red and blue lights flashing everywhere. Cameron was leaned over me. Blood smeared over his face.

"GRACIE! ANSWER ME! SAY SOMETHING BABY!" He leans down. "I need you."

I sit up in my bed and feel my head. It was pounding.

I need answers.