Chapter 16: 17 Ring

Our manger hyung was giving out a speech on how we did well.

I wasn't really paying attention to that, I was mostly thinking about Melissa. I smiled at her voice in the audience. I'm glad she chose me. I noticed we were walking over somewhere if not Joshua nudged me.

Manager hyung led us to a big dark room. He closed the doors behind us. In a few seconds, the lights came on and we can all clearly see our families and friends standing there.

We all stood there in shook. Our mangers had to shove us a bit before we actually started to move around to find our folks.

I bet Seungkwan found his family first since there was an ear piercing "Seungkwan" that echoed through the room.

I only found my family by my mom running up to me and hugged me.

"Eomma~," I turned to hug her back.

"You did great Jihoon," my father walked up and pat me on the shoulder.

I smiled widely.

"Jihoonnie~ close your eyes and hold out your hands," my Eomma cooed.

I faced her and did what I was told. I felt something small drop into my hands. I opened my eyes. I was breath taken at the small sight that was in my hands.

My smile got bigger as I examined the small golden ring. I felt extremely proud in myself.

As I was about to slip the ring onto my little finger, I stopped in my tracks as a thought of Melissa.

I looked around and noticed that the others' girlfriends were there, but no Melissa. I then saw Tiffany and Joshua walk by smiling dearly at each other.

"Tiffany!," I called over at her.

She broke her stare from Josh to answer me, "Ne?"

"Do you know where Melissa is?," I asked her.

"Aniya, we walked in all together. But then we had to split to wait for you guys," she simply replied.

"Oh, thanks anyways. Tell me if you guys see her," I told her, slowly starting to get worried about Melissa.

I looked back at my parents. Appa seemed to be glaring at Eomma.

"What's wrong Appa?," I asked him.

"I think we met this girl, Melissa," he simply said, still glaring at Eomma.

I looked back and forth from the two.

"Eomma?"

"Heheh," she scratched the back of her neck, "I may or not have made her leave you."

"WHAT?!?," I screamed.

"Heheh," she continued.

"Where did she go?," I asked furiously.

My dad pointed to the back door. I thanked him and glared at my mother. I tried to run off, but my mother grabbed hold of my arm.

"She's not good enough for you!!!," she screamed.

I froze. Those words felt like I got shot by a gun right in the heart.

I slowly turned to face my mother.

"Why do you even love her? You never even told us about her! You could've done better Jihoon! She's not worth it," her words stung like salt on a wound.

"I LOVE HER!!! I NEVER TOLD YOU GUYS BECAUSE I NEVER HAD THE TIME! SHE IS MY FIRST LOVE AND I COULDN'T HAVE DONE ANY BETTER! WHY? BECAUSE SHE LOVES ME AND I LOVE HER WITH ALL MY HEART!!!," I strike at my chest with my fist.