THIRTY

T H I R T Y

T H I R T Y

"Lincoln," Jaya whispers, glancing over to the knocked out sky girl. "This isn't a good idea. They're going to come looking for her and, when they do, we're outnumbered. This is one of the worst ideas you've ever had."

"I couldn't just leave her to die, Jaya," Lincoln responds without looking up at Jaya as he tended to the wounds.

"Yes you could. She's one of them." She gestures down at her with the end of her sword. "We may not be monsters, but we're no charity committee." With an airy laugh, Jaya lightly touches the end of the blade to the girl's neck. Against the pale complexion of her skin, the blood splattered, dirty sword looked even more battle worn.

"Take your sword away from her," Lincoln says firmly. His hands stop moving and now he looks up to Jaya, warning in his eyes. "Jaya."

With a huff, Jaya draws her sword away and pushes it through her belt. "I don't know why you care about her so much. Out of everyone on Earth, you choose someone from outer space to give your heart to." Jaya bends down in front of him, staring right into his eyes. "Lincoln, she's scared of us. She's scared of you. And I know you're only trying to do good, but your big heart is going to get you killed. I don't care what you say to justify this."

Lincoln doesn't reply.

Jaya stands up, placing a hand on his shoulder. "I'm going outside to hunt. I'll be back soon."

"Ok."

-

yes, im introducing a new character and yes she's going to be a badass.