sixty seven

"I can't believe we're back here." I laughed ironically as we sat across from each other on the soft grass.

"Why not?" Harry began to dig into one of the bags.

"I dunno." I grabbed the cheeseburger that Harry handed to me. "Just find it strange to be back."

"How so?"

I shrugged. "It's just such an intimate space. It's just me, you, the stars."

"And the famous In N Out burgers." Harry reminded me, unwrapping his burger.

"But it's a different food every time." I pulled out a paper tray of french fries. "Last time it was beer and grilled cheese."

"That is true, my dear." Harry took a big bite of his burger, letting himself chew for a moment before speaking. "Addison, I-"

"Wait." I held a finger up against his heart-shaped lips. "Don't say anything."

He furrowed his eyebrows together but stayed quiet, following my command.

"Just look." I slowly removed my finger from his soft lips, both of our heads slowly craning back as we looked up at the beauty that engulfed us on this warm night.

I loved this night sky. I loved looking at the sky from here. I could just look at it forever. I could just sit here with Harry for the rest of my life.

Charcoal black uncontrollably covered in thousands and millions of bright specks. I loved that you can see star, after star, after star. I began to envy people that can see views like this every night instead of towering buildings and the omnipresent buzz of traffic.

The complicated configurations and patterns of light made my heart skip a beat. Below, the blacked out shadows of trees could just be seen.

"Alright." I breathed after a few minutes of settling and admiring, straightening my back. "Are you okay?"

"I'm perfect." Harry slowly rolled his head back down, his shimmering eyes flickering at me. "You're perfect."

"Harry." I warned, raising my eyebrows before digging into the bag and grabbing a fistful of fries. "Don't."

Harry took a bite of his burger, his jawline popping against his skin as he chewed it thoughtfully. "I just... I want to say sorry for how I acted last night. I know the alcohol isn't exactly an excuse but I never in a million years would have told everybody about Liam and Aria like that. Never. And I feel like the biggest douche bag on the planet for letting down the people who care about me the most. I am truly sorry for that and I recognize that I messed up...big time."

I nodded slowly, not able to look him in the eyes. "I'm glad that you realized that. What you did really offended a lot of people and you have to make sure to make it up to them."

"I know. You're right." Harry ran a hand though his hair, shaking out the ends like he always does. "You're always right."

I ate another french fry. "You're not wrong."

"Have you talked to Aria?"

"Yeah." I said after a minute of staring into the sky. "She's upset. Ran into her room sobbing."

"Oh?" Harry sympathetically frowned and cocked his head to the side.

I nodded, wiping the salt of my fingers. "I plan on talking to her tomorrow before school. Mason gave her a Strawberita so she should feel a little better."

"A Strawberita? Like, the 24 ounce?" Harry gestured a 24 ounce can, impressed when I nodded. "She's a little girl."

"Oh, yeah." I chuckled. "Ar can't even finish a Four Loko without dying."