Song Imagine

Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer

I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted

I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted

I'm back in LA, driving through my old neighborhood for memories.

I moved from LA to New York for my job, but then I got relocated back to LA.

So here I am now, driving through the shitty neighborhood I lived in when I lived here before.

I stop in front of the worn, brick apartment building, locating the third floor, fifth window from the right.

Jack and I used to sit on that bay window, drinking bottle after bottle of tequila and laughing our asses off about stupid things.

We had our last kiss on that window.

The sun was shining, making my body heat up, and I was drunk as hell, but I still knew what he was doing and what he was saying.

He was telling me that he didn't want to do long distance.

That it would put too much pressure on him.

So I pulled him in for a kiss that, now that I think about it, was super sloppy.

But it was our kiss.

He tasted of the raspberry tequila we were drinking.

I had pulled away and went to my room, closing the door, giving him the memo to leave.

And he did.

And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine

Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though she's right beside you?

When she says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?

I know it's going to destroy me but I do it anyways.

I text Gilinsky, asking how Jack is, even though it's been three months.

He texts me back, telling me he's doing alright.

My heart drops.

Of course I want him to be happy, I just thought maybe, just maybe...

So I go to Jack's Instagram even though I know it's going to hurt me more.

I feel like throwing up when I see the damn picture.

Jack has his arm laying behind a blonde's neck.

Her hair is flowing everywhere and they're both smiling like they're having the times of their lives.

And I can't help but think of who she is.

Does she make him smiley face pancakes like I did?

Does she listen to A Drop in the Ocean every chance she gets like I did?

Does she love him like I did?

I click on the Instagram name he added in the description. It leads me to her page and it's just filled with food, scenery, and selfies.

The typical Instagram page.

I click on one of the selfies and read the description.

🌞 boy you know I could do better so treat me right 🌞

I roll my eyes.

Really?

My replacement is that?