|| 023

George POV

Josh and I are laying on the couch together, while my whole family is sitting in the living room too. Josh his phone buzzes and he picks it up. He looks at it and he's probably reading a text or something. His face gets really pale and and his phone almost slips out of his hand. 

"Wow, are you okay?" I ask him. 

"Uhm, yeah, I just, uhm, need to make a call. Be right back..." He stutters and he gets up to walk to the hallway. What the hell, what was that about?

I turn around and Brooke runs to me. 

"George! Help, Jake wants to tickle me!!" She screams and runs to me. I laugh and I can see Jake running outside looking for her. I get up and lift Brooke up over my shoulder. I sign to Jake that he has to come and he runs inside. I walk into the kitchen and lay Brooke down on the kitchen table. I start tickling her and Jake does the same. 

"NO STOP IT HAHAHAHA" She screams. I start laughing and let her go. 

"Just go play outside okay? And no tickling!" I laugh at them. They nod and run away. I walk back into the living room, but Josh isn't back yet.

I walk into the hallway to look if he is there, but he isn't. I walk back to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and i sit down on the counter. I grab my phone from my pocket and look at it.  I got one new text and I open it. 

From: Daddy JJ

Dude, you still alive? I haven't heard of you for ages!! x

I laugh and text back. 

To: Daddy JJ

Haha, yeah I'm still alive. I'm just on a holiday with my fam again, ya know, you alright?

From: Daddy JJ

Yeah, I love being a daddyy!! But it must be boring in Ireland with your boring (sorry) family

To:  Daddy JJ

Haha, no you're right, my family is really boring, but Josh came with us.... :)

From: Daddy JJ

Ooohhh, nice!! So it's going pretty good between the 2 of you, isn't it?

To: Daddy JJ

Yeah, I guess.....I just think, that he keeps secrets for me, ya know....

From: Daddy JJ

Oh, I'll call you in awhile, so you can tell everything about it, but I need to change Princeton first, blegh ;) x

To: Daddy JJ

Haha, okay good luck!! ;p x

I look at my cup of coffee, which is done by now. I pick it up and drink it. After that I walk back to the living room, but Josh still isn't there.  I walk into the hallway again and I see that the front door is open a bit. I walk to it and open it a bit further. I peek outside and I can see Josh sitting on the bench in the front yard. I grab mine and his coat and walk to him. From the back, I wrap his coat around him and he looks up at me immediately. 

"Hey, you alright?" I ask him, while sitting down next to him. 

"Uhm, yeah, I just....found out something." he says, quietly. 

"what do you mean?" I ask confused. 

"Can you just wait until tomorrow? I will explain everything to you then..." He says.

"Why can't you just tell me now?" 

"It's complicated and you just have to see it with your own eyes first, please don't get mad at me....it's complicated" He says with tears in his eyes. 

"Uhm, yeah okay." I say, pecking his lips and smiling at him. He smiles sadly and he wraps his arms around me. 

"Come on, lets get inside, it's so cold!!" i say. He starts laughing and he nods. He grabs my hand, intertwines our fingers and pulls me up. We walk inside the house and we start laughing. I sit down on the chair in hallway and pull Josh on my lap. I start kissing him and I wrap my arms around his waist. 

A few hours later we sitting behind our laptops on our bed, shopping for Christmas, which is coming very soon already. We are going to celebrate Christmas with both of our families together. 

"Stop looking at it! I want the present to be a surprise!" Josh wines. 

"But I'm not good with surprises!" I whine just like him. 

"Stop acting like me" He mocks. 

"You really are a little kid." 

"No I'm not!!" He says, just like a little kid. 

"You sure?" I say, pretty sassy. Josh starts laughing because of the way I said which makes me laugh too. 

"But stop looking, it's a surprise" he says with the puppy-look. 

"Ugh, okay i'll try." Josh smiles at me and we start looking again. I slowly peek over my shoulder to look at Josh's screen. 

"GEORGE PAUL SHELLEY, STOP LOOKING RIGHT NOW" He shouts. I start laughing. 

"How do you know my whole name??" I say, still laughing. 

"I have a few uh.....sources ya know." He says in a badboy kind of way. 

"Oh, well, uhm, Joshua Jack Cuthbert, let me see that present!" I shout. 

"Jack isn't my middle name" He laughs. 

"Oh, then what is?" 

"My full name is Joshua Thomas John Cuthbert..." He says. 

"Wow, sassy" I wink at him. "haha, no I like it, it suits you" I smile. 

"Thanks, George" 

"No problem, Joshua." I kiss him and I while I do that, I look over at his laptop. He knows what I'm doing and he flips the laptop over so I can't see anything. 

"Ugh, i hate you" i say when I pull back. 

"Love you too!" He laughs. I slap him and start laughing. 

"Boys!! Dinner's ready!" Someone shouts from downstairs. We get up and we walk towards the door. Josh goes first and I stand still, run towards the laptop and try to open it. Josh pulls me back and wraps his arms around me tightly, so i can escape. 

"Wow, you are the kid here, not me" he whispers in my ear. He starts laughing and we start walking. Josh doesn't let me go until the door to the room in closed and I have to go downstairs first. We walk into the living room where everyone is sitting.