|| 026

George POV

I guess we fell asleep sometime later, because at 2 AM, I wake up and I look around. Josh isn't laying with his head on my chest anymore and I can see that the crib where Cadee was laying in, is empty too. I slowly get up and walk downstairs to get some water. 

I walk into the living room and I see something extremely cute. Josh is sitting in the big chair with closed eyes. In one hand he has an half-empty baby bottle and in the other he holds Cadee tightly against him. I walk to the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I walk back into the living room and walk to them. I put my water on the table and look at them. 

Cadee slowly opens her eyes and starts crying. I carefully pick her and try to shush her, so Josh doesn't wake up. 

"Wow, I guess you need a new diaper" I say, when I smell it. I walk to the kitchen table, after I grabbed a diaper and lay her down on a towel. 

After I cleaned her, I walk back to the living room and lay her down in the stroller. I grab a blanket and lay it down over Josh and he moves a bit. A few seconds later he opens his eyes. 

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up" I whisper to him. 

"It's okay, now come here" He whispers and pulls me with him on the chair. I quietly laugh and snuggle up against him. "Wait, where is Cadee?" He asks, starting to panic. 

"I put her in the stroller after I changed her diaper, you don't mind I did that right?" I ask. he shakes his head and pecks my lips. 

"Of course not, thank you. But now I want to sleep" He smiles. I nod. I lay my head in his neck and close my eyes. 

**** Next morning ****

After a tough night with a lot of crying from Cadee, we are sitting in the kitchen for breakfast with the whole family. 

"When is Emma picking her up?" I ask Josh, he shrugs. 

"I'll call her later. I will really miss Cadee, i don't know when I'll see her again" Josh says, smiling sadly. I grab his hand and press a kiss to it. 

After breakfast Josh and I go to our room and we start packing our stuff. 

"I'll call Emma first, so we have more time later" Josh says and he grabs his phone. He presses the call button and he starts walking around the room, like he always does when he is calling someone. I start packing my bags.

"Hey Emma, when are you picking Cadee up?.......What do you mean 'I'm not picking her up?'......What?! You can't just do that!" I turn around to Josh and sit down on the bed, trying to hear a bit of the conversation. "It's your child too, Em!.......No, of course not!.......Just listen...Hello?...Hello?!" Josh throws his phone on the bed. "She just hung up!" He shouts. 

"What's wrong?" i ask, getting up and walking to him. 

"Emma doesn't want Cadee back, she never wanted a child and now that I'm in Cadee her life, she doesn't want her back..." Josh says. He slides down the wall and puts his head in his hands. "What am I going to do now? I don't have anything of her, I don't have the birth-papers and stuff." He sighs. 
"It's going to be okay. Ask Emma if she can bring the papers or something." I say, sitting next to him. 

"I can't do this on my own, please help me with her, please help me raise her. I know it's a lot to ask, but I can't do this alone..." Josh says to me. I look him in the eyes and I can see that he really is desperate. 

"Of course I'll help you, I'm always here for you" I say. I kiss his temple and get up to get his phone.

"Now call Emma for those papers." Josh nods and calls her again. 

"She doesn't pick up" He says after 20 seconds. 

"Uhm, text her?" I say. He does that and about a minute later she responds. 

"It's all in the bag, she says." We get up and grab the bag. We look through all the pockets and after a few minutes we find a folder full of papers. Josh opens it and looks through it. "Yup, this is it." He sighs happily and sits down on the bed. 

I sit down next to him and look through the papers with him. 

"Cadee Lynn Cuthbert" he says. "She even has my last name" He smiles happily at me. 

"of course, because she is your daughter" I laugh. Josh laughs too.

"I know, but....never mind" He smiles.  We get up to pack more of our stuff and after 10 minutes Cadee starts to cry.  Josh picks her up and lulls her a little. Soon enough she is quiet again. I walk to them and wrap my arms around Josh's waist from the back.

"You're going to be the most amazing dad ever" I whisper in his ear. He smiles proudly at Cadee and she looks at us with her big, blue eyes. 

**** Later that night ****

We our now on our way to the airport. We're finally going home! 

"Can we stay with you tonight? I'm scared to go home..." Josh says, looking down. 

"Of course, but you'll have to face it sometime..." he slowly nods. 

"Will you go with me to talk to my parents?" He asks, biting his lip. 

"Okay, if that makes you feels better" I smile at him. He kisses me and we arrive at the airport. We get out and Josh carries Cadee in her baby carrier. I grab our suitcases and I also hold Brooke her hand. We all walk to the airport. 

We all check in and take a seat, waiting to get into the plane. After 30 minutes, we can finally board. 

***********************************
Sorry, this was kind of boring, just a filler chapter :) xxx