Year 1: Digong meets Robredo Kids

It was a typical busy day for Digong, it has been like days since he last saw Leni or spent time with her as her boyfriend. He concluded that she might be busy with work and he didn't want to interfere until Bong knocked on his office and informed him about Leni's presence.

"Si Leni? Sige papsukin mo." He uttered in surprise.

Leni humbly entered his office, Bong closed the door next to her.

"Napadaan ka mam? Sana nagtext ka." He began. "Actually..." She sustained as he checked on his smart watch making him realize that he had three missed calls from her. "... kaya lang mukang busy ka so, dumiretso nalang ako dito." She continued and smiled awkwardly at him.

"Sorry, Leni." He felt bad. "Marami lang talagang inaasikaso. Bakit? How can I help you?" He asked. "Okay lang, ano ka ba!" She replied.

"Eh gusto ko lang sana tanungin if free ka ba bukas? Saturday evening?" She attempted. "Mmm, we don't stop working pero ano ba yon? Baka naman pwedeng gawan ng paraan." He sounded uncertain.

Leni hesitated a bit but she knew she had to at least try asking him about it. "Eh... kase sila Aika." She began nervously. "Gusto kase ng tatlo ko na mameet ka sana... for a dinner." She continued, Bong snorted at the corner.

"Oy, lumabas ka nga muna." Digong jested. "Sige, Digong. Mam Leni. Excuse muna." Bong chuckled as he gave them privacy.

Leni exhaled heavily. "So..." she uttered softly already expecting a rejection by looking at his hesitant face. "Okay lang naman kung hin—"

"Sige." He cuts her in; she was stunned. "Ha?" She uttered in confusion. "I'll go. Nageexpect yung mga bata, I don't like to disappoint them." He replied. "Sigurado ka? Wala kang gagawin ng araw na yon?" She asked.

"Okay man yan. Ikaw ba mam? Tingin mo okay lang?" He asked worrying her children might not like him. "Ha? Oo naman, syempre." She retorted. "Tingin mo okay naman sila saakin?" He asked. Leni was uncertain but then she knew that her children are mature enough to deal with it.

"Ehm... oo naman. Mature na naman yung nga yon." She stammered. "Maganda narin siguro na mameet mo sila since nameet ko narin naman yung family mo." She continued. "Sige mam. Sabi mo e." He smiled giving her much relief.

Leni and Digong took the private chopper to travel to Leni's residence in Naga where her children are waiting for them.

Their vehicle entered their parking space and as the engine stopped, Leni looked at Digong nervously.

"Ayos ka lang?" He asked. "Handa na ba talaga tayo?" She retorted, he took her hand and kissed the back of it. "We'll get through this. Di naman kita iiwanan." He assured easing her relentless anxiety.

They went down the car being welcomed by her kids as they entered the house. "Good evening president," they greeted him professionally.

"President— sus." He snorted. "Ay ano po ba?" Jill asked. "Tito Diggy?" She jested. "Tito? Tatay nalang." He replied making them chuckle but they preferred calling him tito.

Aika was kind of cold towards him — probably wary. They settled on the dining area together. Digong has been very cordial with them, he also assisted them as they ate their meals.

"Medyo hindi man magandang opening pero kamusta naman po pala kayo ni mama?" Aika asked. Leni and Digong looked at each other wondering who would answer her. "Okay naman kami ng mama mo. We're going out often." He replied, Leni discreetly exhaled.

Silence crept in as nobody was in full courage to speak first.

"Tahimik ba talaga kayo?" He asked making them chuckle weakly. "Hindi yan, nahihiya lang siguro." Leni replied. "President po kase." Jill jested shyly. "Sus, wag kayo mahiya magsalita. Say whatever you want." He encouraged them.