Year 5: In His Arms

Leni's name has been linked to Miro Quimbo after he professed his deep admiration for her in his instagram profile. The mass started to tease them, some thought that Leni has finally moved on from Rodrigo but then she clarified that she's just good friends with Miro and there's nothing more. This clarification gave Rodrigo hopes that it's not yet too late.

"Yung akin naman, si Miro matagal ko ng kaibigan. Yung pag-amin siguro hindi na dapat gawing big deal kase magkaibigan kami. Malinaw na yon." She answered the allegations.

"May traits po ba si congressman na medyo kapareho ng kay pangulong Duterte?" An interviewer asked. Leni felt a bit uncomfortable having Digong's name mentioned and being asked like she was a celebrity.

"Wag na natin i-compare yung dalawa. Magkaibigan kami ni Miro. Si pangulo naman iba. Laging iba. Irespeto nalang siguro natin yung kung ano man yung naging saamin ni pangulo. Thank you." She decided to cut off the ambush interviews and headed inside the van.

He turned off the television, he hated how the news are linking Leni to Miro all the time. "Parang ulol, hindi nalang magbalita ng maayos puro chismis." He mouthed while he was alone in his room. He headed out to have some food before he goes to the office at the palace. He couldn't hell but throw a tantrum out of insecurity — no one was around anyways.

He felt insecure that Miro was tall, good looking and close to her. After he hinted the public about his admiration for her, he felt wary of him especially that he can no longer take Leni under his possession with their current relationship situation.

It was a typical working day when Digong heard Licuanan and Pau talking about education projects. At first, he didn't care about their topic until he heard Miro's name, he was helping out in their advocacy.

He lightly joined the conversation and raised his awareness of their plans. After a sensible discussion, he shifted back the topic to Miro.

"Yang Miro nayayabangan ako diyan." He brought up slightly startling Pau and Licuanan. "Bakit naman?" Pau asked chuckling. "Parang ano, di ko lang siya gusto. Mabulaklak ang bibig. Parang trapo." He expressed but the two knew it was because he was jealous.

"Kaclose yata siya ni Leni di ba? Hindi naman siguro sila magiging close kung masama ugali niya." Pau tried to make a point but Digong wanted to hear them talking bad against him. "Sus, alam niyo, si Leni napakabait na babae. Hindi nga yata marunong makipag-away niyan. Kung gago yang Quimbo na yan, kahit kaibigan siya ni Leni, gago parin siya." He didn't make any point at all.

"Personal na yata yan, Digong." Licuanan giggled. "Hindi, basta. Di ko yan gusto siya." He shrugged off his caught guiltiness.

It has been a protocol for the president and vice president not to be together on a disaster stricken area but Leni insisted to visit the fire stricken area in Marikina to check on the victims' welfare. That same day was when Digong was scheduled to hold a speech on the said area making it inevitable for them not to cross paths.

Along with the stage set up was the empty seats. Miro and the other officials of Marikina were present on the place as well to accommodate the president's presence. As soon as Leni arrived, Digong fetched her and escorted her up to the stage up to her designated seat by pretending he's discussing something important to her so it won't be too obvious that he's trying to cease all the opportunity for Miro to interfere.

He was set to be seated an empty chair away from Leni but he asked her to seat beside him at the end of the row so nobody could sit beside her than him.