Year 5: Pasalamat ka Maganda ka

It's been almost four months since Leni and Rodrigo clarified between each other that they are through and that everything between them will just be purely professional.

As much as possible they tried to each other as it felt extremely awkward to have each other's presence. The people around them tried to cope with their situation favoring both of them as much as they could; especially Yasay, Lorenzana and Inday Sara who were all mutually close to the two of them.

"Wouldn't it be rude if I don't invite her?" Yasay asked Delfin. "Bakit hindi? Magkaibigan naman kayo." He retorted. "You know her situation with Digong. Baka naman maipit ako kapag pareho ko silang inimbita." He had a second thought.

"Matatanda na yung mga yan tsaka kung ayaw naman nila magkita malamang hindi aattend ang isa. At least pareho mong inimbita, labas ka na sa issue." Delfin encouraged him.

Sally knocked before she entered her daughter's office only to find her having a sentimental moment while staring at the Ecuadorian rose that Digong gave to her years ago.

"Ma," she uttered in surprise by her sudden presence. She kissed her cheek and immediately offered her a seat.

"Napadaan ka yata? Di ka man lang tumawag." She stated and sat back down to her chair. "Naisip ko lang na daanan ka to check on you kase galing akong supermarket, eh, same way." She explained.

Sally stared at the glassed rose on her table. "Titig na titig ka dito ah?" She pointed out, Leni chuckled. "Ang liit na kase niya. Ang dami nang nalagas na petals simula noon pero buhay parin naman." She replied.

"Bigay ng boyfriend mo 'to, di ba—"

"Boyfriend?! Wala akong boyfriend ha." She defended, Sally laughed with how defensive she was. "Si Rodrigo." She clarified.

"Ha? Di na kami noh, matagal nang wala yon." She tried to act cool. "Hindi ko na siya boyfriend. Ex siguro pero hindi na kami talaga. Mga four months na." She verbosed.

"Oo nga, alam ko. Bakit ang defensive mo?" Sally laughed. Leni finally realized how pathetic she appeared to her.

"May problema ba?" Sally saw her daughter's anxiety through her eyes. Her question was all she needed to hear that day, she needed someone to listen to her.

"Eh..." she figured out how to begin. "Kase ma, si sec Jun... Yasay. Nagpadala ng invitation para sa birthday celebration niya sa bahay nila." She sustained.

"Oh? Anong problema?" She asked.

"Syempre nandon si ano... alam mo na. Best friend yung mga yun eh." She confided, Sally finally figured out why she looked so troubled as she stared at the rose that Digong gave her years ago.

"Ano namang problema kung nandoon si Rody eh apat ba buwan na kayong hiwalay? Di ka parin ba nakakamove on?" She asked.

"Nakamove on na ako ha! Ano lang kase... ano." She stammered trying to think of an excuse. "Ano? Hindi ka parin nakakamove on." She insisted making her speechless out if guilt.

"Awkward kase. Syempre kahit close kami ni sec Jun, mas marami paring ka-close si Rody sa mga aattend. Baka maout of place lang ako." She started to hypothesize.

"Eh di wag ka umattend." Sally suggested. "Nakakahiya naman kay secretary," she retorted.

"Sus, Leni. Make up your mind." She replied. "Baka kase hindi ko pa kaya." She worried for herself, she was s guilty that she's still not completely over him.