Year 2: Can't Get Closer

A/N: Omg sorry for the late update! We're on Top 700 of wattpad chart 😝 but thank you so much for the support! Pls keep supporting and share it to your friends.

~

Leni immediately served foods as he arrived at her condo unit thinking he might be exhausted from work the whole day, he was so quiet.

"Gusto mo ng juice?" She asked. "Tubig nalang." He replied and rested his elbows on the table until she sat down beside him to eat their dinner together.

"Nagkita kami ni tita Sally last time sa environmental project." Bolet brought up, "Oh? Nakapag-usap kayo? Kamusta naman?" She asked.

"Pinakilala mo pala si Digong sakanya?" She was shook for a moment. "Ah, oo." She chuckled weakly and immediately thought of a story for it so it won't upset him that much. "Tita asked me if I know about it, sabi ko oo naman and I am into the side of whatever makes you happy. I told her we're in good terms." He replied making her feel relieved.

"Thank you, sorry matanong lang talaga si mama." She retorted, he nodded.

After a moment of silence, while Leni fixed their used utensils, Bolet decided to start confronting her as he felt the jealousy dwell on his chest.

"Pansin ko parang masyado na kayong nagiging close ni Digong." He stated, "Kasama pa ba sa usapan yan?" He followed.

"Hindi naman... Parang noon parin naman. Nagkataon lang na pinakilala ko siya kay mama kase naabutan niya kami dito sa condo." She explained but she realized how her last words might appear differently to him. "Nagcoffee kase kami dito sa condo last time." She clarified hoping she didn't sound too defensive.

He looked away as he began to have trust issues with her. "Gano siya kadalas dito sa condo?" He asked. "Hindi naman madalas. Syempre busy rin yon." She answered but he still doubted her faithfulness.

"Gusto mo ng ice cream?" She asked. "Di na." He replied briefly. "Ah, sure ka? Sige." She placed back her sight on the refrigerator and wondered if she went wrong about changing the topic in a sudden.

"May nangyari na ba sainyo?" He asked straightforwardly as she made her own cone of ice cream. She felt staggered upon hearing his question.

"Ha? Wala! Ano ka ba? Walang nangyayari. Walang ganon." She sounded too defensive but she just can't get herself together. "Alam mo, kahit ganon ang image ni Digong, never niya tinake for granted 'tong saamin. Hindi niya ako pinipilit kapag ayaw ko, sobrang nirerespeto niya ako." She followed making him feel even more anxious.

"Baka naman mahulog ka na diyan ha?" He countered, Leni frowned and scratched her head lightly as she felt like she's just worsening his jealousy.

"Uy," she held his hand. "Intindihin mo naman yung sitwasyon ko." She uttered with a soft voice. "Tiwala lang ang kailangan ko sayo, Let. Wag mo naman ako pahirapan." She followed. "Leni, di lang naman ikaw ang nahihirapan sa set up na 'to." He refuted.

"Tago na nga tayong dalawa tapos nagpapanggap ka pang karelasyon ng iba. I mean, come on Leni. Not everyone would be willing to be in this position." He expressed making her feel bad.

She sighed, "Ano bang gusto mong gawin ko?" She asked. "Sabihan mo siya, tell him that you are setting boundaries and he can't cross that boundary." He suggested. It was so hard for her to figure out how she can do his request without making Digong feel bad but then she also realized that between the two of them, Digong is more understanding.

She exhaled soundly, "Sige, kausapin ko siya." She squeezed his hand repeatedly, he just smiled.

Not wanting to extend the silence, Leni invited him to watch a movie with him at the comfort of her couch.