Year 5: Valentine's Party

It has been rough for Leni since she finally parted ways with Rodrigo. The netizens and people around them started to judge her after hearing the deception she did to him.

Manloloko pala 'tong babaeng 'to.
Two timer pala. Lol!
Walang kwentang babae! Malandi!
Sinayang niya yung pagmamahal ni Digong

It affected her emotionally. If only she could do anything to make them understand that she was just caught in between leaving her with no choice but to stay with the man she doesn't really love, she would, but she can't.

The love and support she earned after being Rodrigo's beloved turned into aversion and distaste — just as much. She never thought that that day would come but it did. She couldn't blame anyone than herself, not mainly for the hate but for the fact that she could have loved Rodrigo better, she could have loved him the way he deserves.

It's Leni and Rodrigo's first celebration of new year without each other since they signed the relationship contract.

Leni stayed in Naga, Rodrigo stayed in Davao for the New Year's eve. They used to celebrate it together in Manila but now, they decided to celebrate it on their own.

"Ten minutes!" Her three girls cheered as the hype rose.

Leni smiled widely as she saw the excitement in them but this smile slowly faded away as she thought about him. He used to be just as excited about New Year as her three girls. He would cheer and make noise, watch the fireworks display with her, hug her and kiss her, but now it's just her alone — no more him.

"One minute!" The people cheered as Leni watched them. She flashed a smile to join with their excitement.

10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

The people exclaimed as they made some noise and watched the fireworks display light up the dark skies. "Happy new year!" They all greeted each other.

As time ticked, the hyped went down, the noise lessened and Leni started to feel lonely again. She checked her phone with the hopes to at least receive a greeting from him but it was too much for her to expect, she received no greetings from him.

She exhaled silently to ease the pain dwelling in her chest. She decided to greet him through a text message but then she still received no replies.

Baka ayaw na niya talaga.

She told herself as she thought about their situation. There is no reason for him to hold on to after everything she has given him than his love for her; but that is if he still loves her.

"Lens," Siege called her attention upon noticing the sadness in her eyes. "New year na new year, ang lungkot mo." She pointed out, she replied with a fainted smile.

"Wag mo sabihing si ano parin ang iniisip mo? Binati ka ba?" She pursed her lips, Leni shook her head subtly.

"Binati mo?" She asked. "Hindi naman nagreply." Leni answered.

"Mmm!" Siege mumbled. "Wag mo na muna isipin yan. New year na new year oh!" She cheered her up.

"Tsaka 'di ba sabi doon sa palabas ng JaDine, kapag mahal ka, babalikan ka." She followed hoping it'll relieve her best friend's broken heart. "Sana nga." Leni uttered softly.

Digong hosted the Valentine's day celebration of the government officials in Malacañang, Leni was invited.