Year 4: Even More Messed Up

Digong saw the guilt in her face, he didn't need further confirmation; he was now sure that Bolet and Leni really had a relationship behind his back.

"Hindi mo naman sinabing may boyfriend ka pala eh di sana alam ko kung saan ako lulugar." He expressed numbly. Leni was silenced, she didn't know how to respond.

"Sana sinabihan mo ako, muka pala akong tanga kakaseryoso, laro laro lang pala sa'yo." He chuckled sarcastically.

"Digong, hindi ko naman gusto itago. Sasabihn ko naman—"

"Kelan, Leni? Ngayon? Gano na kayo katagal ni Banal? Ngayon mo lang naisipan sabihin kase ano? Kase nahuli ka na?" He interjects, she sincerely didn't want to deceive him.

"No, hindi. Sasabihin ko naman talaga kaya lang—"

"Naunahan ka." He interjected once again. "Naunahan ka ng boyfriend mo." He followed. "Nag-LQ ba kayo kaya nilaglag ka nun sakin? Ang gàgo naman pala ng boyfriend mo eh." He asked.

Her eyes turned teary, the thoughts in her head felt more cluttered that she could no longer speak to explain herself.

"Hindi... mali yon. Hindi mo lang naiintindihan—"

Digong felt a but offended. "Ako pa ang di nakakaintindi?" He snorted and looked away. Anger, jealousy, self pity and misery all dwelled inside his chest.

"Sige na, Leni." He attempted to end the conversation as he felt the bitterness rising from his chest.

"Digong—"

"Sige na, you're free to go. Hindi na ako haharang sainyo." He assured.

"Hindi—"

"Leni." He cuts in. "Sige na, you can go." He stipulated.

"Pakinggan mo naman ako." She asked but he was certain that no matter how much explanation she do, he isn't on his proper self to listen and understand as jealousy, anger and pain swallows him.

"Hindi na, sige na." He pointed at the door and took a seat. He speed dialed Bong from the outside. "Assist mo si Leni sa lobby. Aalis na siya." He directed him, Leni looked at him finding it hard to believe that he's not even willing to listen.

"Seryoso ba 'to?" She questioned him. In no time, Bong entered his office to fetch Leni.

"Digong! Ano? Pakinggan mo naman ako." She dared but he snubbed her. "Bong," he signaled him and focused on pretending to read some papers.

Leni looked at Digong for the last time hoping he would reconsider but he didn't. "Mam. Tayo na po?" Bong courageously asked. Leni didn't seem to have much choice as Digong didn't want to speak to her.

She left despite that it was against her will.

The next days turned rough for the both of them. Digong avoided Leni, he won't even reply to her messages or answer her calls. Each day passing by, she felt more and more hopeless that they'll patch things up between them and now it's been over a week since their relationship turned cold as  an ice.

Leni browsed her phone to have a break from her non stop work. She miss Digong so bad that it triggered her to call Bong.