Chapter 7

We line up at the end of pool.

I'm between Kota and Sean for the first round.

I keep one hand on the edge and my feet up against the wall of the pool, ready to go.

"On your mark... get set... Go!" Gabriel yells.

We take off, and they both are immediately almost completely past me. I reach my arms out and grab on to the legs to their trunks and pull myself forward between them, letting go. Kota grabs my foot and returns the favor. Making me lose the ground I had gained.

My arms are burning, and my heart is pumping hard when we reach the other side. It feels great although I know I lost.

The guys watching are all hooting with laughter. What are they laughing about? I look over at Sean who's desperately trying to keep only the minimal North like grin on his face. I turn to Kota and he's... he's beet red. "Ko- ah, Silas?"

He clears his throat and turns to me, masking on a cocky smile. "If you wanted me out of my shorts, aggele, all you had to do was ask."

I stare at him blankly until he raises a hand and points toward the middle of the pool. There, floating all by their lonesome, are a pair of dark blue swim shorts. It doesn't take half a second for me to understand that I must have yanked them completely loose when I grabbed them, trying to cheat.

I also realize that Kota's buck naked under the water and feel my own face heat.

He gives me a knowing look and winks. Good god. Kota being sexy is more than I can handle. He surges forward toward the shorts and deftly swims over with a few short strokes, his butt cheeks slightly crowning out of the water.

My mouth dries up, and I can't take my eyes off them.

He grabs the shorts and continues to the edge of the pool, slapping them onto the patio and braces his hands on the edge to lift himself up. He glances back at me and waggles his brows. I almost stroke out then and there, but I don't dare blink, not wanting to miss a moment. As he begins to lift himself up, I watch his back rise out of the water... then his lean hips... then... it's complete darkness as Sean's stupid hand covers my eyes. His other arm wraps around my waist and pulls me against him.

"Sang baby, trust me, you'll be scarred for life. I've seen his fat ass enough times to know."

I hear Kota chuckle deeply. "You're just jealous of the Greek god I am."

Is he still naked?

Sean grunts.

"We should just skinny dip anyway," I hear Owen suggest.

Oh my goodness, I can't help the smile. It's so funny to hear him being Luke.

I feel Sean's chest shake with silent laughter.

"Mr. Taylor," Victor's voice means business, "you will conduct yourself appropriately. Put your shorts back on immediately."

There's some snickering following his order.

Wait. What? Owen took them off?!

What I would give for x-ray vision...