Chapter 17

"Okay, Pookie, who do you want to go first?"

I have no idea. "Rock, paper, scissors?"

Sean rolls his eyes at me and smiles. "We really need to work on your decision making skills." He rubs his hands together. "Alright, men, winner goes first."

It's decided that the three of them have to play a round of truth or dare as me.

Gabriel looks at Victor sitting on the couch, his legs tucked up underneath him. He won rock, paper, scissors. "Truth or dare, Sang?"

Victor presses a finger to his bottom lip. "Umm... truth?"

Gabriel smirks. "Who do you want to win the kiss?"

Victor's eyes widen in surprise at the question, mirroring my own. I'm very curious to hear his answer though. Will he pick himself?

He's quiet, and I notice his face begin to pinken. He's... blushing?

I realize he's holding his breath to make it look like he is and giggle. I would blush to be asked that.

He slowly releases his breath, not making eye contact with anyone, "Well... to be honest, um... I'd be equally happy for anyone to win."

I release the breath I was holding myself.

He's right.

And they know it.

Next, is Kota's turn.

"Truth or dare?" Nathan asks.

"I guess... dare?" He looks nervous. I would be too. What will it be?

Nathan thinks for a moment. "I dare you to shock Gabe with your phone."

"What the hell!" Gabriel glares at him.

Nathan shrugs, grinning. "That's what you get for putting a guy in pink yoga pants."

Kota bats his eyes at Gabriel and gives him a pout. "Meanie? Would it hurt too much? I don't want to hurt you."

Gabriel groans. "That pouting sh*t doesn't work on me..." He sighs. "Go ahead and do it."

"Just a second," Kota says. He stands and turns his back to us for a moment then spins around and sits back on the large leather chair next to Nathan. He gives us all an embarrassed look as he reaches down the front of his shirt and takes out his phone as if it was tucked in his bra.

We start laughing.

He turns on his phone and presses the button. Gabriel shoots up from his seat with a yelp, sending him a dark look, and takes his own phone from his back pocket, tossing it on his chair.

"Okay you freaking did it. Dare over."

Kota smiles sweetly at Gabriel who rolls his eyes.

Last is Owen's turn. I can't look at him without giggling. He's snugly sitting sideways on North's lap pretending to doze. Well, as snugly as he can, being much larger than I am.

North is stiff as a board and not too pleased.

"Hey, Pookie."

Owen rubs at his eyes and gives Sean a sleepy grin. "Is it my turn?"

Sean smiles. "Yep. Truth or dare?"

Owen ponders the options. "I'll do truth."

Sean nods. "If you could do anything, what would it be?"

Owen pauses before answering, looking around the room. "I think I'd like to go to the Academy with all of you."

The room's dead quiet, and I can hear my heart beating. It's true. I don't want to be left behind at Ashley Waters. I want to go with them. Be with them all the time. But I'm afraid of what they'd think of that.