Comfort

I sat on Matty's lap with my head on his chest breathing softly along with his heartbeat. His hands never left my hips as he started to gently drift to sleep. I listened to the way his chest would rise and lower against mine and it somehow relaxed me after all that we just did. I didn't let it get far as full on sex, just intimate pleasing each other. It made me more comfortable with Matty but not comfortable enough to get that far.

I had to reflect on everything that Matty and I have been through in the last 2 1/2 months. Time really flew, he was always at work, or in my house. He really helped me start to regain back who I was before. He's made life seem a lot less scary to me. If it wasn't for Matty's help I would probably forget to feed the dog all the time, forget where I left my keys. He helped me get into a car without fear, and to remember holding grudges against Sadie wasn't really worth my time. I felt like I really should find some way to repay him other than pleasures. Like finally find a stable job and take him out somewhere nice, give him some good in this world. I smiled to myself at a brilliant idea I could put together with the help of my dad.

Getting my keys off the front loft table I slipped on a jacket and headed out making sure I was quiet enough to not wake Matty before he had to head to work. Skipping out to the parking lot I spotted George getting out of his car with a cigarette dangling from his lips. "Fancy seeing you here." He said once he spotted me walking past.  "What's up?"

"Heading to my dads for a bit. Matty's upstairs if you're looking for him." I mentioned, zipping up my coat since it was that time of year for snow to bombard the ground.

"Nice I'm actually going to see Ross we have a trip planned over the holidays." Swiftly he ashes out his fag on the heel of his boot and tucks his hands in his pockets.

"Really? Where to?" 

"Well Soph's uncle has a place out in California and all of us have been saving for tickets to this winter music festival and we're getting ready to book hotel rooms." He seemed extreamly happy to be going to America with some of his best mates but it bothered me. Not that Matty would be gone for however long, just that he's going to be with that Sophia girl. I have really no reason to be jealous of her. I mean Matty and I haven't even bothered to hop on the topic of a relationship and he's never done anything with her that I'm aware of. The trip sounded great for them but I feared being alone even if it wasn't for another month.

"Lovely." I mummer kicking aside a rock that was in the middle of the street. A crisp little cloud of steam left my mouth as I sighed from the cold. 

"How's your head feeling after..ya know..." He asked.

I felt the little sting on my cheek from where I was struck. I shrugged. "It's fine now. I really put Matty in a panic." The thought of Matty's tears coating his smooth caramel skin one second then his hands all over me the next hour gave me a shiver. And George would probably never know.

"You worried all of us, Matty kinda told us your back story awhile back when you two first met." He explained scratching the nape of his neck as if it was awkward. Which it really wasn't I mean shit happens and people find out one way or another.

"Yeah I'm sorry our meeting wasn't the best, I dunno that was my first concert and I guess Matty though crowd surfing would be fun for me. I'm juts not good at being separated from someone when the enviorment isn't familiar. I just had an episode nothing more."

"That's totally understandable. I'll make sure Matty takes note of what he did. It was really uncalled for."

"Thanks George." I smile and give him a brief hug before looking back at my car which was frosting over. "I really gotta get going though. I'll talk with you again sometime soon." 

"See you later!" He began walking off and enduced himself into his phone as he headed up the brick steps to the flat. I when back to my car, unlocked the doors and started it up to hear it purr. Leaning back in my seat I need to take a few moments to ask myself where Matty and I stand after last night. 

VVV

Let's just say my siblings were pretty happy to see me once the realized I was home after school. My dad wasn't too hyped about my unexpected arrival since he was in a business call and I kinda waltzed in too loudly. After he finally got off the phone I had made myself coffee and lounged around on the sofa until he decided to speak with me.

"What's new kiddo?" He sat next to me putting an arm on the sofa back and leaning into the cushions. 

"Not much, I actually came by to ask a favor." I smiled but he didn't. He looked more worried as if I was going to ask for money or somewhere to stay. But really I go to my mom for something like that, she has more value than him. "It's not about money or anything I have the next months rent covered."

"How? You don't even have a job!" He boomed.

"Actually that's the thing. There's this boy-"

"Oh god."

"N-no dad seriously. He's been helping me with money and I wanted to give back to him. I was wondering if I could borrow your truck when he's not working sometime this week." I sat up toying with my fingers nervously as I watched him contemplate. "You can use my car, it's really only gonna be overnight then I'll be right back with it in the morning. I was going to ask mum but-"

"Okay Okay Viv I'll let you use it, but if anything happens-"

"I know you'll gut me like a fish. Blah blah." That got him to smile and laugh along side with me. He wraps an arm around me and hugs me super tightly. "I love you."

"I love you too kid, want to stay for supper tonight?" He asked. "You're sister wants to make funnel cakes after, you could help her since I'm clueless."

"Sounds good to me."