Midnight

My fury was evident when I slammed my front door shut and threw my keys across the room. Sam was gone, the place was tidy aside from a few untouched boxes. I was angry to have ran into Sadie at such a bad time. Even if my memory wasn't straight I could still remember what she looked like years ago. How she hasn't changed one bit.

I felt the need to cry again, to cry about the dumb choices I made. All I've done since I woke is cry and wonder what the hell to do with myself. I'm on my own now, my parents are covering first months rent and I'm too busy blindly wandering to get my shit together. Ordon tried his best to comfort me when I sat on my bed but it didn't do much. Sighing I tossed some chicken nuggets in the oven and turned on music. I decided to clean to get the bitch off my mind.

I texted Sam a thank you and that she's welcome to come buy again but I got no answer for the rest of the night. It didn't leave me worrying, it's always been like that with her. Her and her phone both disappear after ten pm and I'm on my own. There was no use texting my parents either, they're probably asleep and my siblings usually don't bother to text but to show up in person to see or talk to me.

After eating I showered and fed Ordon. Climbing into bed with nothing but my underwear and a tight tank top on I threw the cover over me. I was freezing by the time my hair was getting ready to dry. For the next hour I tossed and turned thinking about where I was putting myself in the past almost month of basically reliving. This night just wasn't a night to sleep.

When the moon was peaking into my room just right above the window I saw Ordon stand up quickly from his sleep. A sharp low growl left his throat as he stared at the front door. "Ordon, shut up." He started to bark and leaped off the bed. "Ordon!" I shouted, throwing the blankets off me and feeling cold again. I really needed to turn on the heating. He went and sat right smack in front of the door and tilted his head in curiosity. "What is your fucking problem dog?"

I rubbed my eyes and unlocked my door and opened it slowly. My heart raced when I saw it was just Matty. He looked like a fucking mess. Crimson liquid that dried on his face and his lip was busted just a little enough to split the skin but not bleed. His shirt was dirty dark brown and gross green as if he was rolled in muddy grass. "Jesus fucking Matty it's like 3 in the-"

He cut me off short and wiping his lip and pushed me into the room. His hands found my waist and pushed me against the wall with force. I gasped needing to get air and say something but Matty's lips were on mine, his hands now gripping my face gently. There was a sparse moment where I was so tired I couldn't tell what was going on so I was tense. But I realized this is just Matty and he obliviously wasn't okay and needed this for whatever reason. Honestly I needed this too.

I pulled him by the hair gently to pull him slightly away from me. Looking into his eyes they were glossy as if he was crying or high. Either way he looked like shit. "What's gotten into you?"

"I'm terribly drunk and high... I got into a-a fight and you were the only person I could think to go to. And fuck I'm in pain, I can't think I just needed to touch someone or something to not feel blood rushing to my head." He was shaking so vigorously and panic was so clear on his face. I've never remembered how to handle something like this, not even to myself. After my encounter with Sadie today I really didn't know what to do.

Tucking strands of his hair behind one of his ears I held his face in my hands. My palms got wet from the tears that slowly stopped emerging from his eyes. "Maybe we should sit down and just talk okay? Let's talk about or day to get this off our chests." Taking his hand I tried to smile and brought him over across the room to my now semi made bed. He sat down first then myself right after and winced at the pain he was clearly feeling. Ordon managed to snuggle between our legs and lied down. I really needed to get a couch soon.

There was a quick silence while I let Matty take deep breaths and collected himself. "H-how was the concert?" I asked nervously. Knowing he was drunk I could slip up and say something that could set him off. We barley know personal things with each other. Maybe he got into a fight over someones words that offended or triggered him?

"It was fun, I guess. My day was great until this." He ran his hands through his like usual and laid back on the duvet. "I mean the concert was great but shit Charles saw me and couldn't calm the fuck down about Sophie." There we go again with that blond bum I saw earlier. Was she something to him. Or something to this Charles guy?

"Who's that?" I decided to lay back too, leaning against him a little. Naturally his arm lifted to give me more room and snaked around my shoulders. I didn't know if it meant anything but I liked it and I would leave it at that. I can't remember the last time someone did that to me.

"She's a friend from high school. Like my designated concert buddy since freshman year I take her everywhere I go for shows. Charles is her boyfriend he's never been fond of me really." He shrugged, tucking his other hand in his jacket pocket and pulled out a box of cigarettes. "You don't mind if I smoke in here right?" I shook my head and laid it on his chest watching him light the end of it with a cherry red lighter then setting the pack down.

"I've never been to a concert. I think..." I said trying to remember if anything like that occurred in my life. Nothing really rang a bell and I sighed wishing I could remember anything of the sort. It was just dust in my mind by now. Matty sat up really quick and looked at me with shock.

"Well shit lets go to one tomorrow." He smiled wide, blowing smoke away from my face. "I know just the band we can see you'll love em."

"But Matty I can't afford tickets." I said nervously.

"I've got you don't worry."

"Matty no-"

"Seriously it's my pleasure. I want to make your first concert the best in your life. But first we gotta make runs to the store and stuff so we have everything." He stood up taking a drag and started to fix his shoes. I grabbed his hand looking out my window at the pitch black sight.

"Maybe we should get some sleep first." I said, taking his cigarette and ashing out in the cereal bowl I had this morning. His excitement fell only for the moment until he nodded with a soft smile.  He removed his jacket and set it on the counter and put his shoes by the door. I honestly didn't mind him staying for the night but if I had to make him sleep on the floor of feel terrible. My bed can barely fit two people lying vertically.

Matty came back over to me and started ticking himself in against the other side of the bed against the wall. "What are you doing?" I asked, pulling the blankets gently.

"Well if I'm staying the night I'm not letting one of us sleep on the floor." He laughed, his hands reaching for my waist like they did before he walked through that front door. They were cold really cold. "We can make it work." I was squished up against his chest with one of his arms tightly around my waist to keep me from rolling off the bed. Oddly I found this comfortable, if it was anyone else I probably wouldn't like it. Somehow Matty's embrace was more comfortable than I thought. He didn't say anymore and I feel sleep to the smell of cinnamon tobacco and worn off cologne.