Depression

I live in London, England. As you've noticed, the band Bastille have gotten pretty popular, there a musical sensation. Truth be told, I knew Dan, and he knew me. We went to school together, we were the best of friends. I had an undying love for him, I have an undying love for him. Our mums were friends, which led to us having play-dates. Which is what led to our friendship.

He was my best friend, my only friend. When your shy, and was diagnosed with depression at a young age, people seem to hate you. The pills help, but not much. It's not that I dress gothic or anything, yes I like black, it's the color of most of the T-shirts I own, and shoes. I don't wear makeup either, except for a thin layer of top eyeliner.

Having been diagnosed with such a thing, you have feelings, bad thoughts. To answer your questions, yes I've tried to commit suicide, I'm not proud of it, but its just happened. It's happened more than once. The pills change my attitude, sort of like pms for most girls.

Dan was one year ahead of me, meaning he graduated one year ahead if me, and he left me. He told me he'd never forget me, but it seems he has. He went to college, then began his career leaving me behind. It was a hard 3 years. Depression started in the year he left. When he never rang me anymore. Or message me.

I've been with depression for 8 years now, I haven't seen Dan for 8 years now. I haven't spoken to Dan for 8 years now. His family moved two towns away 4 years ago, so Dan really has no need to come to London.

My mom entered my room, "Bastille is coming to town in three days. I was thinking, if your up to it, you could go." Yes I still live with my mum. I'm 26 years old, I've finished college, and I work at small businesses around town. My mum told me she'd like me to stay with her as long as I could. She's been lonely ever since my dad died 5 years ago. I can see when she thinks about him.

"Sure, will you be joining me?" I asked. She shook her head. "Honey, you know concerts aren't my thing. I was just going to buy your ticket. It's at the pub 3 miles down, I know you'll be in the mosh pit anyway smushed between bodies, which doesn't seem pleasing to me." She laughed light heartedly. I nodded and got up from the bed. "I've got to go to work," I say throwing my hair into a ponytail.

Today ill be working from 6 am to 12 pm at the café. Yes we're early risers. Then I'll work the rest of my day off at the local grocery store. I begin walking to my destination.

I wonder if Dan will notice me at the concert, of course he won't notice me, ill be in a dark crowd. Or by the bar depending on how I feel.

I enter the café and greet Maggie. The owner of the place. Maggie's known me my whole life, she's like my godmother or something. "Did you remember to take your pills this morning?" She asked. I nodded knowing I didn't. I didn't want her to worry, the pills just make me feel worst. She nodded pleased with my answer. "So what should I wait the tables today?" I asked her and she said yes.

I walked over to a few tables, took their orders and gave them to Joey, my co-worker. As I started to walk away, he stopped me. "Hey, um do you want to go to the pub with me some day?" He asked rubbing the back I've his neck nervously. I shook my head, "sounds good, just ring me okay?" I asked and he smiled nodding. This is the first time I've actually talked to him, I think we went to grade school together though. "Do you want to switch places for a while? I can start making food and you can wait on people?" I asked and he nodded.

/DANS POV/

"Ah guys, It feels good to be back in London." I say looking around. We all decided that we wanted to come here a few days before the concert, come back home for a little while, well for me. I'm the only one in the band who lived here.

"Man, I'm starving!" Will said. "Lets go grab brunch in that café over there!" Will said pointing to the cafe I remembered. That place was full of so many memories. We entered and a bell sounded saying we entered. We all were wearing disguises, me with a hat and glasses, woody with a hat, Kyle with sunglasses, and will with a monkey hat. He wanted us all to wear one but I didn't feel like it along with woody and Kyle.

We took a seat near a window, a seat I've sat in before. A man our age came up to us. "I'm Joey. Can I get you some tea or coffee?" He asked. We all ended up getting tea. Joey yelled to the counter, "Jay, 4 teas!" And she yelled back 'k'. The name Jay sounds so familiar, but I don't remember how. We ordered our food and waited.

It took about 10 minutes before we saw a tiny girl, and Joey bring us food. She laid down my food in front of me and wills whose across from me. She looked so familiar. Too familiar. She looked into my eyes and her face got read. She stepped back some, tripped and fell to the floor. I stood up. "Are you alright?" She shook her head and rushed into the back.

"Uhm. That was weird." I said. "But, I swear I've seen her before."

"Maybe she's a fan? She could've seen through out disguises." Woody spoke up. "She's kinda cute, don't ya think?" Woody winked. We all laughed at his stupidity, but I could admit, she was a very pretty young lady.

We finished our food and I went to the counter to pay. The girl had music in and was reading a book. She looked up and yanked out the earbuds. I guess she recovered from before. "That will be £24.50." She told me and I nodded giving her the money. I got to the door and hesitated before turning around. I walked up to her, she was emotionless.

"You look very familiar to me. Do I know you, I swear that I do." I said. She spoke in monotone, "You don't remember me after all. I knew you would forget about me the day you left. I knew you were lying" I was taken back by this. I did know her. "After all," she continued, "we were best friends." Through saying it all, she never blinked once, there was no shift in her voice. I was confused, I didn't remember this girl. "How do I know your not some crazy chick?" I asked. She pulled out her phone and showed me many pictures from my teen years. One picture brought back a certain memory:

//flashback//

It was a rainy day. I should have known from the start that it wouldn't work out. I took the girl of my dreams out on a date for the first time, Samantha Wells. She was beautiful, had all the right qualities, and every guy wanted her. I had really liked this girl.

Well, during the date I took her to the ice cream shop. I ended up dropping ice cream on her dress and she smacked me. Hard. I got really angry because that was the first time I ha been slapped. I called her a few names and left the building. I m fast walked to my best friends house, Jaycee Cunningham's house. I walked in her house, not bothering to knock because that's how close we were, and I ran to her room. I opened the door and she was sitting on her bed, reading.

She looked up at me. "What happened to your cheek?" She asked getting up and examining it. "Samantha hit me." I said, "I really liked her and I screwed it up." I said falling back on her bed. "You can do better." She muttered. I had ignored it knowing Samantha was the best.

"What did you do anyway?" She asked. "I, uhm, spilled some ice cream on her." Jay burst out laughing. "And she slapped you? I swear, she is the stupidest girl on this planet!" She admitted. I hated it, but had to agree. That night I ended up staying the night at Jaycees and we watched horror movies all night. It was a good night.

I went back to reality and realized I had zoned out for a good minute or two. "Jaycee Cunningham," I whispered. She nodded. "I do remember you." I stated. She looked away from me, and began digging in a backpack, she pulled out some pills and yanked the lid off putting a few in her mouth. She swallowed them hard. The label read her name, along with the word depression.

❂▲۞❁•••

Hello, this fan-fic is nowhere near being done, but I decided that ill be updating every Friday, I've already gotten 5 chapters completed, and I'm really eager to start uploading this story. Vote, comment, and continue reading please, it means a lot!

*L