Chapter 8

Tyler: It's been 3 days now and Layla is still missing. I haven't been able to sleep or eat. I didn't even go to school. I've been staying at the warehouse since the day she was kidnapped. I miss her. 

Jay: Tyler, where you at nigga. 

Tyler: In my office.

Jay: Nigga I got some leads. Word on the street is some nigga Melvin from up on Hillside. Shay said that his nigga Tre live across from this abandoned building but he been seeing niggas in black vans go in and out of there. 

Tyler: Did you tell SJ?

Jay: He on his way over there now.

Tyler: Ard tell everybody load up.

Jay: Ok.

SJ: I promised my brother if anything happened to him I would protect his kids. I feel like I failed them. These niggas took my princess. Layla is my love. She was really the only one there for me when her parents died. And for someone to kidnap her just makes furious. 

When I finally get to the building Jay told me about, I looked a picture of Layla and her father. She looked so happy. She is a good kid. But it was time to get her back. Before I could even get out the car Tyler pulled up right beside me. 

Tyler: You ready to end nigga lives.

SJ: You know it. 

Layla: It's been three days since I was kidnapped. I've been beaten so many times its starting not to hurt anymore. I haven't eaten anything but moldy bread and drunk some water. I was laying on the cold floor. Crying for my uncle or somebody to help me. I miss my family. 

Tyler: Everybody was in position to bust up in this building. My goal was to get Layla out of there. 

Layla: I heard a loud noise like a bomb went off or something. I go scared so I hide  in a corner. I heard gunshots coming from every angle. Then I heard my uncle voice "Find Layla." I heard footsteps walking towards the door. When the door opened it was Tyler holding a gun in his hand. 

Tyler: When I saw her, I wanted to hug her but I could tell that she was in pain. I tucked my gun in my pants and picked her up. While SJ was carrying Melvin to the van I put her in my car and drove off. 

Layla: Tyler were we going.

Tyler: Somewhere where you would be safe ma.

I pulled up to SJ house and open the door. Riley and Jayla came running to the door. Riley go run me some warm water in the bath tub. Jayla go tell Mya to come here. I ran back to the car to get Layla out. I carried her to the bathroom set her on my lap and took her clothes off. She was covered in blood and I was too. I set her in the warm water so all the blood can stop.

Mya: I ran downstair and saw my best friend covered in blood. All I could do was start crying. I've  never seen her like this. 

Layla: When Tyler set me in the tub, all the cuts and bruises started to sting. He grabbed a rag and put soap on it. He gently started washing the dry blood away from my face. Then he started to wet my hair. 

Mya: Tyler asked me to take over from here because he had a few calls to make. I asked him was he leaving and he said "I never leaving her side until the day I die."

I grabbed the shampoo and started washing Layla's hair. I combed it and conditioned it. The warm water helped her gain some of her strength back becasue she was able to step out the tub by herself. I didn't care about her not being strong enough right now to do stuff because she is my best friend and I was there for her.

Riley: Lay are you going to be ok.

Layla: Yes Riley, I'm going to be ok

Tyler: Mya imma go to my place and get some clothes then stop past the were house, I should be back in a hour. If anything happenes or if you need anything call me.

Mya: Ok.

Jayla: Tyler can you bring me some pizza.

Tyler: Anything for you Jayla, what kind of pizza.

Jayla: I want...Cheese.

Tyler: I got you.