The letter

After we ate we watched tv for a while and then Bridger went to bed. "Well I hate to ruin the party for u people but I'm tired so I'm gonna go sleep now!" Bridger said. He ran off as Michael and I were left in his dust laughing. "I- I love it when u smile," Michael said. I leaned over on his shoulder and said," I like it when u make me smile."

"What?!" I felt the light shining into my eyes. I looked around. Michael was sitting up asleep and I was laying on him. I jumped up and there stood my dad. "Dad!?" "WHAT IS WRONG WITH U?!" Dad said looking at Michael. Michael backed up towards the tv. "Get out OF MY HOUSE and STAY AWAY FROM MY DAUGHTER!" Dad said. I ran over to Michael. "No."

Dad's eyes- I had only seen them like that a few times in my life. 1. When Bridger was messing in his room. 2. When Bridger was running around the house in his underwear when dad had friends over. And this was the third... I now can add it to my list- and 3. When I said no... If I make it anyways. He walked up to me. "U too." I froze. For those twenty seconds, I stood there those words rang out in my head. Michael grabbed my hand. I grabbed his hand and said," let's get out... since I'm not welcomed here anymore." I pulled him out the door and took him down the road. "SISSY!" I heard a cry from behind me. I tried and Bridger was standing in the doorway with my dad holding him back. He was screaming. I ran for him and my dad shut and locked the door in my face. I fell to the ground crying. "Bridger!" Michael ran over to me and hugged me.

Michaels POV-
Drew was hurt, what should I do? I ran over and hugged her and then decided to do something. I stood up and kicked in the door. I had never felt so powerful in my life. I heard drew stop screaming but Bridger was screaming now. I ran in and saw Bridger and his dad standing in the corner. Bridger was trying to get away so hard, his dad had too much control over him. I had a flashback to when I was Bridger's age and my dad held me back from going to school. I had a horrible night with my dad and I just wanted to leave, he didn't want me to. But Then Bridger landed a punch and his dad went flying. Bridger ran at me and I moved out of the way and I helped drew up. We all started running as I high fived Bridger.

Drews POV-
We ran to Ronan's house. I ran in because the door was wide open and people were carrying boxes out to a big truck. "Ronan!" I ran upstairs. I saw her. I ran and hugged her. She pushed me back. She was crying. "Go away." She said. "Ronan? I thought we were ok now." "What? U thought time would change things?" Bridger and Michael stepped back. "I-I guess." She hit her box that was on her bed. "News flash, Drew-Atticus, time don't change a thing." I backed up. "Ronan, you've never called me that..." She looked at me and turned away. "What? That's not important. What's important is that u are in my way. So go away. Your NOTHING to me anymore so I should be nothing to u. U have Michael and Bridger." "You think this is easy!?" "What did I say about that?" "Well you obviously think this whole mom's gone, dad kicked me out,me and my brother and my boyfriend have powers thing is easy?! Is that what u think Ronan that my life is EASY!?" I knew, I just knew Michael was so happy when I said boyfriend. It's almost like I was him. I knew he had just blushed and smiled. "Yeah sure u may have had an abusive house for however many months but at least u had both parents and u don't have to worry about your little brother or your boyfriend! And u didn't have to worry about how your boyfriend's mom died, or how your boyfriends being abused, or how your dad just kicked u out and your brother out, or having bad dreams every night of your life- Ronan, I can't even go to sleep without having one single bad dream in my head! Do u know how terrible that is?!" "Drew. I don't care anymore. When I was your best friend I cared but now we aren't even acquaintances." I turned around and felt a tear stroll down my cheek.
Bridgers bright blue eyes looked up at me, they looked unbelievable, hurt. He looked behind me at Ronan. "I thought u loved her!" I turned and looked at Ronan. She looked up at Bridger. Not too far up because he's short but up from the ground.
"Bridger. Not. Now." Ronan said. "What?" I ask. "A long time ago- she gave me a letter to give u and she read it to me. She told me to give it to u when u were older like 20something." He pulled out a letter.
"Dear drew,

This is Ronan from quite a while ago. I wanted u to know no matter what u are my best friend and no boyfriend, parent or even Bridger can take that away. What we have it special. We tell each other everything. I tell u all of my problems u tell me about your dreams and then we go watch a movie and pig out until we fall asleep. But all of that is just us. No one can ever be like us. We will grow up and when we are older and we have kids we will do that exact thing again! And I love u... A lot. more than your mom did, your dad does, a boyfriend\husband does, more than Bridger does, more thank anyone does. Drew u will always be my best friend no matter who gets in our way! I love u drew, this is from me in high school just to remind u how crazy we were and how much I love u.Sincerely,Ronan."

I looked at her. "Ugh." She said putting her palm to her head. I ran out and I heard Bridger and Michael behind me.

"Where do we go now?" Bridger ask. I stopped and looked at him. I hugged him. "I don't know," Michael suggested we go to his aunt's house. She knows him very well she was like his mom growing up. She protected him from his dad in public. So that's where we went. She lived a few minutes away, she wasn't that far.