CHAPTER 1: The Gap Year

Ella's p.o.v:
"Gabby come on we have to go, seriously, like right now!" I yelled from the bottom of the staircase.
"Calm your shit I'm coming now." Gabby said skipping down the stairs two at a time. She always looked great, most stylish girl I knew, but today maybe was an exception... She was wearing a black singlet with grey shorts and of course her signature shoes; her white chucks. As well as a light bit of makeup. She looked at me and through her cheesy smile let out a shriek of pure excitement.
"DUDE WE ARE GOING TO LA!" She squealed yanking me into her embrace. I hugged her back and jumped around with her chanting
"WE'RE GOING TO L.A!" She lightly smacked me on the arm and giggled
"girl you clean up good!"
"Well thank you my dear" I said jokingly, doing a small spin to show off my outfit. I was wearing stylish but comfortable clothes, black ripped skinny jeans with a white cut of shirt that said 'sarcasm loading...' with a loading bar beneath it, on top of that I wore my green bomber jacket and on my feet a new pair of white gymboot converse. We both had our hair in high straight pony tails and we knew we were ready for that L.A. life we had been dreaming of since seventh grade. I took out my phone and Gabby and I made one last snapchat before we dashed out the door. Gabby's mum was dropping us to the airport and Gabby giggled as her mum looked at us sternly, signaling we were late. We slipped into the slick black jeep and drove off.

Gabby's p.o.v:
We arrived at the airport, suitcases and carry-on bags in hand. Mum was crying and as she held Ella, telling her that we needed to be safe, look after each other and that we would have the time of our lives (which of course we already knew). I still couldn't believe we, a couple of girls from Sydney, Australia, were going to Los Angeles for a whole damn year. I felt a grin spread across my face at the thought. I was soon interrupted from my thoughts by my mum pulling me into her, tears streaming down her face,
"You be safe now Gabrielle, and call me every day. I mean it." She smiled and hugged me again saying a few things about being safe and having fun.
The lady over the speaker soon called the last call to board our plane and mum let me go.
"I love you" we both said in sync, and I felt Ella loop her arm through mine as she quietly but excitedly said
"We have to go now gabs" I turned to her
"let's go!!" I said with a laugh and together we happily walked into the terminal, arms still linked, turning back one last time to wave goodbye to my mum before we dropped our suitcases off and boarded our plane. Los Angeles here we come!!

7 hours later...

Still Gabby's p.o.v:
Ella was stupid enough to fall asleep on the plane, we were more than halfway there and I was bored so I decided to wake her up. I opened my backpack and pulled out a sour patch kid, I popped it in her slightly open mouth and waited, holding back a laugh. Within seconds her mouth closed and her eyes cracked open, a wide smile spreading across her face as she chewed the candy. She then burst out laughing.
"You actually thought I would trust you enough to fall asleep on a plane beside you? I know you Gabby, and I'm no einstein but I'm not stupid enough to give you an opportunity like that" I shoved her shoulder laughing hard. A few people gave us dirty looks, but we didn't care. We're kids, two 18 year old girls on our way to L.A. Nobody was going to spoil our fun. After hours of jokes and stupid conversations as well as just pure smiles and the realisation that our dreams were about to come true we heard a voice from the speakers...
"Hello this is your captain Oscar speaking, you can be expecting to land in Los Angeles airport in approximately thirty minutes. We hope you enjoyed your flight. Thank you."
Ella and I looked at each other with the most excited faces and we both just hugged and laughed.
"Are you ready?" Ella said with a devilish smile that made her nose crinkle.
"Hell yeah" I said with the same excited expression.