CHAPTER 10: Date Night

Ella's p.o.v:

Long story short, we got the job. Some cute little clothing boutique that had surprisingly good pay. But that wasn't what was important, tonight my little friend Gabby has a DATE! And she was panicking...
"Okay, so basically it's kinda been a thing since the night of the party, am I right?"
"Yes" she says blushing. I smile and get back to setting out my makeup, I then looked at the outfit she picked out. It was cute, definitely, black denim overalls with a black Calvin Klein crop top and black heels. Hey Ethan was a lucky guy to have someone like gabby, and don't get me wrong, I know Ethan's a great guy, one of my best friends, but I had my phone on stand by just in case of an emergency.
"Remember you can text me if you need saving"
"Ella, don't worry about it, you know I won't need it" Gabby said seriously.
"I'm just saying--" but Gabby cut me off,
"Thanks but I'll be good, promise. Anyway are you gonna just stand there or will you please straighten my hair whilst I do my makeup"
"Sure thing. And then you'll be ready for your super cute date with Ethan ayyyeeeee" I said nudging her. We laughed and finished getting Gabby ready.

I sneakily text Ethan whilst gabby was finishing her makeup,

Ella: Prepare to be amazed, you're one lucky dude Eth

He responded almost instantly

Eth: I'm nervous Ella. What if I mess up?

Ella: Eth it's Gabby, just seeing you makes her happy. Whatever you're doing it'll be great. Have fun!!

Eth: okay I'm about to head down to come get her

Ella: GET PUMPED

Eth: Shit don't worry I couldn't be more pumped. See you soon

They were so cute. I came back to Gabby and she was ready, she looked gorgeous, but she was nervous as hell, I could tell by the way she seemed to be biting the inside of her cheek. I smiled and hugged her. I pulled away and smirked,
"Somebody's a little nervous for their date" wiggling my eyebrows as I pulled away. She shoved me and I tripped, falling to the floor in a heap.
"Ouch."
"Jesus Christ I'm so sorry Ella" Gabby says with a gasp as she begins to kneel beside me.
I burst out laughing swatting her hand away. She laughs but still looks a little concerned.
"Gabby I'm fine, you caught me off guard though" I said still laughing.
I put my arms out to her gesturing for her to help pull me up. She does and as I get up I let out a dramatic groan like getting up is a struggle. She rolls her eyes and laughs, and it's then we hear the doorbell. Gabby's eyes go wide and so does my smile. I giggle and pull her to the door, she almost trips in her heels but I keep pulling her to the door. I look through the peephole and see it's Ethan. I open the door and see him standing there, a big nervous smile on his face. I decide to see if I can mess with him.
"Hey E" I smile
"Hey E" he laughs
"Umm where's Gab?" He asks awkwardly
"Running... she chickened out" I said with a straight face.
"OH MY GOD YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?" He said eyes wide looking absolutely devastated. I couldn't take it, seeing his disappointment was too much, so I burst out laughing and shook my head as I opened the door wider, he threw me a dirty look but quickly cracked a smile, which turned into a grin when he then saw Gabby behind me.

she was nervous as hell, I could tell by the way she seemed to be biting the inside of her cheek. I smiled and hugged her. I pulled away and smirked,
"Somebody's a little nervous for their date" wiggling my eyebrows as I pulled away. She shoved me and I tripped, falling to the floor in a heap.
"Ouch."
"Jesus Christ I'm so sorry Ella" Gabby says with a gasp as she begins to kneel beside me.
I burst out laughing swatting her hand away. She laughs but still looks a little concerned.
"Gabby I'm fine, you caught me off guard though" I said still laughing.
I put my arms out to her gesturing for her to help pull me up. She does and as I get up I let out a dramatic groan like getting up is a struggle. She rolls her eyes and laughs, and it's then we hear the doorbell. Gabby's eyes go wide and so does my smile. I giggle and pull her to the door, she almost trips in her heels but I keep pulling her to the door. I look through the peephole and see it's Ethan. I open the door and see him standing there, a big nervous smile on his face. I decide to see if I can mess with him.
"Hey E" I smile
"Hey E" he laughs
"Umm where's Gab?" He asks awkwardly
"Running... she chickened out" I said with a straight face.
"OH MY GOD YOU'RE KIDDING RIGHT?" He said eyes wide looking absolutely devastated. I couldn't take it, seeing his disappointment was too much, so I burst out laughing and shook my head as I opened the door wider, he threw me a dirty look but quickly cracked a smile, which turned into a grin when he then saw Gabby behind me.

Ethan's p.o.v:

Wow. That's all I could think when I saw her, just wow. She looked beautiful in black denim overalls with a black Calvin Klein crop top and black heels. Those black heels... damn she looked good.
"Ready to go, Gab?" I asked reaching for her hand
"Of course" she said as she took my hand. Ella smiled and waved goodbye, and she shut the door behind us. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself, thinking how Ella looked like a proud mum.

We we getting into the uber when I saw a group of girls point at me and begin to rush over, I jumped in and slammed the door, and the uber rushed away. I felt terrible but I couldn't let them see me with Gabby.

We showed up to a small pizza place on a quiet street corner (well, as quiet as LA gets) and I helped her out of the car, I payed the uber and walked in, we were greeted by a waiter who looked about 20, he was tall, tan, and muscular and his name tag read "Chase" he was staring at Gabby like she was something to eat, I could practically see the drool coming out of his mouth. Gabby is standing there awkwardly, still holding my hand. I clear my throat,
"Reservations for 2, under the name Dolan" I say rudely.
He looks at me as if I'm interrupting him and begins to walk to a table,
"Right this way"
We are seated at a beautiful small round table, in the middle a candle and a small vase with a red rose. I smile and pull the chair out for her
"What a gentlemen" she says giggling. I smile at her and we talk, it's then that ass Chase comes back.
"Are you ready to order?" he says sweetly to Gabby,
"Um Eth do you wanna do a half-n-half?" I smile and nod and she tells me to choose my half fist. Chase turns to me and glares at me
"What do you want?" He growls.
"I'll get my half to be a Hawaiian" I say as he scribbles on his notepad.
"And can I get my half as cheese, thanks" Gabby says politely.
"And drinks?"
"I'll get a Lemonade" Gabby says
"And I'll have the same"
The waiter walks away with our order and Gabby takes my hand on the table, drawing small circles with her finger on the top of my hand.
"you seem tense, jealous maybe?"
"No. I don't get jealous."
"That's a shame, I thought it was kinda hot." Gabby said seductively smirking up at me.
I shake my head chuckling and she laughs too.
"You look beautiful Gabrielle"
"You look just as good" she says blushing. Our drinks came and we continued to talk as we waited for our pizza.

Ella's p.o.v:

I was sitting in the apartment on the phone to my mum, it was the first time she was able to talk to me since I got into LA which Gabby thinks is sad but I try not to mind. My parents are busy people. Mid way through my mum talking to me she gets a business call and quickly says goodbye and hangs up. I sigh and look at the time, only 9:30

I decided I would have a quiet night, with Gabby not around I could finally go to bed before 3am without being called a weakling. I head into the bathroom and run the bath water, I go to the cabinet and get out a lush bathbomb and face mask. I undress, turn off the water and whilst the bomb is dissolving I apply the mask, I take a few crazy snapchats with the bright green mask before getting in the tub. We have one of those candle trays that go across the bath and I use it to rest my laptop on, I put on Netflix and watch an episode of 'Orange is the New Black' and let myself just relax. I was always so full on, bath time was quiet time, and after that episode I got out of the tub, washed my face, brushed my teeth and called it a night.