CHAPTER 8: It's My Party

Gabby's p.o.v:
We showed up to the party and it was DOPE. The house was up a hill overlooking a secluded part of the beach. There were big open windows and a deck surrounding the house, on every level you could see people drinking and dancing and making out etc., we got out of the car and I could feel the vibrations of the beat of the music from the ground. The atmosphere was sick, and along with the blasting music there was the buzzing and laughing of people. We walked into the house and as we opened the door the music hit us all. There were big smiles on our faces and I awkwardly shuffled a little closer to Ella as neither of us knew anyone. The boys stuck close but I could tell they were looking around for people. A few people holler at the boys "Hey Dolans!" "Look who's back!" "Hey Dolan what's good". this is gonna be so fun, I'm always down for a big party.

Ella's p.o.v:
We all walked into the kitchen and set out on the large marble counter must have been at least 100 plastic shot glasses filled with different colour liquids. We each grabbed one and downed it, I felt it burn as it slid down my throat. It was then another guy called out to the twins, and their smiles widened when the guy approached us,
"Nate!" The boys exclaimed with open arms. They all hugged and after asking how they had been Nate and they boys then turned back to us,
"Hey" we said with big smiles, trying to sound as confident as possible.
"Hey I'm Nate, glad you could make it" he yelled over the music as he hugged each of us.
When he pulled back he eyed gabby, dragging his bottom lip through his teeth. I saw Ethan's jaw clench and I discretely and gently squeezed his arm and gave him a comforting look, his face softened as he looked back at gabby, she kept looking at him and I was hoping this Nate guy would take the hint.
It was then I grabbed Gabby and said
"Well obviously you all have a lot of catching up to do so we're gonna go dance, we'll meet up in a bit" I said with the most genuine smile I could towards Nate. Something was off with him, and I wasn't too keen to stick around and find out. Grayson gave me a questioning look and I just smiled and kept walking. We walked into the main room where most of the dancing was going on and the DJ was at, and we danced.

Ethan's p.o.v:
I was so excited to see Nate and for him to meet Ella and Gabby as well as just hang out and party, but I don't know, he seemed almost into Gabby. I was getting petty but of course Ella noticed and snapped me out of it. She's really caring, both of them are, and I'm glad I have friends like them, I felt myself relax but then I saw Ella stiffen a bit, like she knew something was off. I shook it off, Nate was one of our best friends and it was probably nothing. Ella soon dragged Gabby away to dance and I could see them having a good time. After a while of talking, Nate went to go greet some other people that just showed up. Grayson and I headed into the main room where we waved to our friend Alex who was DJing for Nate tonight, but he would join the party later and just play a prepared track. When we looked for the girls on the dance floor we couldn't find them until Grayson pointed out the girls with two guys, I immediately recognised them and Grayson and I grinned as we walked over.
"Kian, JC! What's good guys?" We said as we all hugged.
Gabby and Ella laughed, both had solo cups in their hands and their cheeks a little rosy. I was completely comfortable with the girls with these guys, they were just two goofballs plus by the way Kian and Jc looked to the girls then back at us told me they knew something was on between us. Alex started playing Controlla by Drake and Ella and Gabby started dancing, shit could they dance. Grayson and I just looked at each other like 'hell yeah'.

Ella's p.o.v:
I could tell by the fuzzy feeling in my tummy and the way Gabby was acting that we were getting a little tipsy, we weren't going to get shit-faced drunk, but we were having some fun, it wasn't a big deal. Gabby turned to me and pouted
"Uh-oh, our cups are empty, I'll get us a refill" she plucked the cup out of my hand and walked into the kitchen. I giggled and went back to talking with the others.