Chapter 2

Mateo's POV

When I woke up, I felt achy. My side was sore, and I couldn't move my left shoulder. The smell of alcohol was prominent, and there was an annoying beeping sound next to me that would not shut up!

The fuck happened. I opened my eyes clearer and scanned the room.

I'm in a hospital. Great, just great. Just when I thought my enemies couldn't catch me more off guard and vulnerable. My men sent me to the hospital for god's sake!

When I looked around the room, I scanned everything from the windows to the wall with a television. Soon my attention got caught to the only human being in the room.

She was pretty I'll give her that. While I was trying to sit up, I wasn't anticipating the dizziness to hit me and that lovely headache to strike as well.

Letting out a groan, I caught my doctor's attention. She stared at me wide-eyed, I don't think she was expecting me to wake up at this timing...

I started to look at her more; she wore blue scrubs and a doctor's coat with a few pens and pencils in her pocket. Hanging around her neck was a stethoscope in which she kept fiddling with the end of it.

She had a heart-shaped face, a pair of brown almond eyes, a small sharp nose, and full lips. All in all, she's pretty, I'll give her that.

I see beautiful women all the time, though. There's nothing special about her. I have hung out and slept with models who have a better body then this girl. They were taller and prettier as well.

My doctor was plain Jane. But I can't help but inspect her some more. Just- Something about this woman that makes my whole body feel weird. Not a bad feeling... a weird one, that's all...

She looks up to see that I'm awake and- that woman was checking me out!

Not that I'm shocked or anything...

"Where am I?" I looked at her up and down and shamelessly stared at her chest for a few seconds too long.

She blushed and cleared her throat, and I discreetly saw her shift her legs, involuntarily smirking that I made her hot and bothered.

"I'm doctor Johnson and Mr. Rodriguez you're in the hospital as your men dragged you and you're friend last night with wounds all over you. The side of your rib and arm has to heal due to the bullets." Doctor Johnson said, giving me a stern, professional look. As if all that, blushing, shifting of legs, and the equal eye raping didn't happen at all.

Huh...

I want to know her actual name.

"Sorry, love, but could you tell me you're name." I flashed her my playboy smile.

The next thing simply shocked me.

Her gaze went cold, and the whole atmosphere of the room became tense and unwelcoming.

"My name is Doctor Johnson, and you are the patient that I will be caring for the next month and a half. A nurse will do dressing of wounds after he or she has seen me do it for the first few times. Your only job Mr. Rodriguez is to stay in this room and rest. You might not be able to move your left shoulder, or you might tear a few stitches and have to stay here any longer." I could tell she doesn't like me anymore. So I ended my nice person facade.

"Let me guess you're a nerd in high school?" I laughed, thinking nothing about how she might feel or think.

"Well, it definitely paid off then as I'm standing here, and you're lying there." Looking away, she took her clipboard and some files and walked out of the room.