Chapter 7

Aria's POV

*speaker* "Aria Johnson and her team please report to the meeting room in 10 minutes."

I looked at Maya and she shrugged. My team started to find their ID cards to enter the meeting room and we started to walk there.

"What do you think he wants now." One of my nurses raised her brow frowning slightly whilst packing up her charts.

"Probably to give us useless updates on hospital stuff again." Dylan rolled his eyes.

"Guys, we're working. Professionalism, please." I snapped slightly everyone going silent.

"I'm fine-"

"You're not fine. What happened last night." Maya came up to me putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing. I went to the charity, had some fun, danced, and went home." I bluntly stated my night looking dead into Maya's eyes.

"Ok we can talk later, we're going to be late for the meeting." Dylan pulled us away and started walking.
——————————-
We all scanned our ID and went in, took our seats.

"Chairperson." We all bowed.

"Take a seat. We need to discuss a few things." He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"This is a very important meeting. Our branch in Spain is understaffed and is situated in a very popular site for casualties. Because of the economy, our hospital can't pay for the medicine and the staff well.. so we had to..." Mr. Orion stopped his sentence but we all knew what happened to those staff.

"So," He suddenly raises his voice making some of us jump from the quietness. "- I want to send your team to Spain for a few months-"

"What?!"

"What do you mean by that!"

"You can't be serious!"

"Quiet please!" I shouted to my team, motioning them to calm down.

"Thank you... Doctor Johnson. Because this is a very special case and we only have sent a doctor or one-two nurses to other branches. We are sending a big group of people and the board understands you will be leaving the country, friends, and family. So to compensate that, the board is willing to raise your salary by 5% during your time there. With lodging and helper to navigate Spain."

The room was deafening.. even though the only sound is the humming of the air conditioning.

Seeing as no one wants to ask the big question...

"How long will we be staying there?" I voiced out moving in my seat to get more comfortable.

"You all will be moving to Spain for 8 months." Mr. Orion's face scrunched back as if he smelled or ate something bad.

We stared at him shocked.

"That's too long!" Dylan shot up from his seat, eyes wide in shock.

"That's crazy!" Maya was next, slamming her right hand on the table with a frown decorated on by her delicate features.

"No! I will not be staying there for 8 MONTHS!"

"Please! Please! Calm down!" Orion gestured those who stood up protesting.  "Doctor Johnson, you've yet to voice out your opinion." The chairman looked at me. I could see his eyes as if pleading I stand with him on this.

Do I want to move to another country? New York was already troublesome as it is when I first moved here without my oh so loving parents. And now I'm forced to move to another country?