Chapter 25

Aria's POV

"Doctor...we have emergency patient you have to see."

"I'm sorry Maya but I have another patient who's going to die soon." I said seriously.

"If you don't look at this patient we all might die."

"What are you-"

Not even finishing my sentence, Maya just dragged me to a single Hybrid room.

She opened the door and I saw this man clutching his stomach, coughing.

"What happened to him." I ask examining him.

"I-i think he has..."

"What is it Maya." I frown.

"I think he has MERS."

My eyes widen in shock.

"MERS are you sure."

We can't have a suspected MERS patient....

It will cause a turmoil...

The man started to cough and I took out my stethoscope and check his chest.

"His breathing is shallow and plus is weak...." I gulped.

"Did you check if he has been to any country recently?" I asked.

"He said about a month he stay at sudi Arabia."

"Shit..."

"Aria what do we do...."

"Come."

Me and Maya ran to the first floor since the suspected MERS patient is on the second floor.

"Can you gather all doctors, juniors and orderly please. Now" I ordered.

Soon everyone was here.

"Um...I am sorry but...we could have a MERS patient with us."

The whole group burst out in gasp and mumbling.

Saying 'I don't want to die.' 'I have a family'

"Everyone calm down!" Maya shouted.

They all looked at me scared and shocked still.

"The whole of level two from the emergency room, hybrid and ICU will be completely quarantined. Until we have suspect if the patient has MERS or not. We have to move quickly and quietly. Do not cause a commotion as result to a bigger turmoil. Put up plastic quarantine curtains on all doors to level two. Emergency rooms, ICU and move the suspected patient to the hybrid and seal it off. I know it's very scary for a MERS patient. So I only want volunteers to help me. I am not forcing anyone not even my own team. I will be in this emergency operation so any volunteers. Please."

My whole team stepped up and I smiled.

Another 5 doctors stood and 7 nurses joined.

"Thank you. Now all the volunteers please follow me to vacate and seal off level two. The rest please discharge any patient who doesn't have major injuries. Thank you."

Everyone started to run back to seal stuff off.

While my 'team' went to level two.

"Oh before we go in. Have your phones please."

I entered level two and took N95 mask and suits for everyone.

Doors were being locked and sealed off while patient were 'protected' by the suits and mask.

"Now...we need to collect the blood sample from the patient. Contact one doctor and ask him or her to collect the sample at the back door for sampling to the disease laboratory."