Chapter 3

Aria's POV

1 week later~

For the entire week, I was being called to Mateo Rodriguez's room regularly. The fact that his room was at the far side of the hospital was even more aggravating.

"Dr. Johnson, Mr. Rodriguez, is requesting for you." One of the nurses held the hospital phone and covered the receiving end with her other. I could tell by the way she was looking at me; she was very curious about why this patient kept calling for me.

But for confidentiality purposes, I am not allowed to tell her anything unless it was medical reasons which this isn't.

"Want me to-"

"No." I cut Maya off as she looked back down to her papers and avoided talking to me as I was on edge.

I have been continuously working for three shifts, and I am currently on my fourth, so I'm on the verge of strangling anyone.

While I picked up his chart, I mentally prepared myself to stay calm and collected. I am taught to never to raise my voice or physically hit any patients unless it was to defend myself if any of them were violent.

"Good evening Dr. Johnson ." Mark chuckled, his arms folded. Today he was wearing a black long-sleeved sweater and long black pants.

Huh... I would not imagine Mark to be a sweater person. The outfit choice made me think of Ross or Joey from "FRIENDS."

"Mark." I gave a one-word reply and a nod indicating my greeting.

I opened the door and walked in to see Mateo shirtless, looking out the window.

Immediately I started to eye raped him shamefully.

"Hello, love." He turned around, and I quickly looked away at anything else other than that well-built body.

Clearing my throat and fumbling to open the charts with my shaky hands, I went through with my standard procedure.

His body is all muscles, his six packs... and that muscular torso- stop.

"Would you please put on a shirt." I tossed a random item on the bed, and he caught it, opening the fabric up. Luckily it was a shirt.

"You could take a picture; it'll last longer." He smirked, scanning me head to toe as his hands worked to wear the shirt.

Thankfully, the abs were covered, and my red-warm face started to cool down.

"Are you feeling sick? Pain at the shoulder or any of the cuts?" I questioned wheeling the medical cart next to him, ready to clean or bandage any stitches which might've been torn open while sleeping.

"No. Nothing's wrong with me." He stalked closer to me, closing what little space we had between us. "-I need you to do one thing for me." He stroked my cheek as heat crawled my face.

"And what would that be." I pulled his hand down, and he caught it, not letting go.

Not that I'm complaining...

His right hand was caressing my left arm up and down, leaving a trail of tingles in its wake. "I need you too go and find me a file in this hospital... A patient who is called 'Frank bridges'... Can you do that for me, sweetheart..." He smiled softly, looking into my eyes. My eyes went to his lips, his oh so soft looking lips, leaning in for a kiss? No, he moved to my left, kissing my cheek, making me gulp. Mateo's scent engulfed me trapping me in a bubble.

I could feel a burn, an itch in me waiting, wanting to be scratched.

"Why do you need it for?" I asked suddenly out of breath, feeling entranced with what he was doing to me. His left hand, which was gripping my right, loosened and traveled slowly to my waist... to my butt... kneading it slowly. And without realizing, I let out a strangled moan. He soon moved down my face to my neck, lips not pulling away, hovering above my skin, and teasing me.