Chapter 23

Aria's POV

Literally I can't stand it!

I hate it that people don't see from others point of view.

I mean I know mistook people sometimes...but at lease I went to find out why!

*sigh!*

Suddenly hands were wrapped around my waist and I jumped a bit.

"It's just me love." Mateo kissed my cheek and I melted into his embrace.

"Tired?" He asked.

Nodding my head I leaned against Mateo and looked at the beautiful sunset.

"Come I want to show you something."

He unwrapped himself and took my hand.

"Mateo~ where are we going~" I whined.

"Just trust me ok. You sound like a child." He rolled his eyes.

"Child?! So now I'm a child? Do you want to date a child?" I frowned offended.

"I didn't mean it like that love. Come." Kissing my hand once he dragged me to a random room with lots of little treasures.

Well that's how I see it.

There's a paper fan from the 1970's, a old Chinese tea set used from the ming dynasty time.

"Wow.." I awed.

"Like it?"

I nod happily.

I like these type of stuff. It's very....um?....old?

I don't know how to say it I just like it. (In real life too)

"This belongs to my great grandmother."

Mateo took out a very very very small chest fitting comfortably in his palm.

He opened it and there was a old but very beautiful ring.

"It's literally gorgeous. Breathtaking actually..."

"It's my great grandmothers wedding ring. She passed it to my grandmother who passed it too me saying. 'Give this ring to the one you truly love, cherished. And ask her to guard it, protect it with her life.' "

He can't possibly be giving it too me can he?!

Mateo took my hand and slipped the ring on. But I pulled away quickly.

Hurt, confusion and frustration was in his eyes.

"What's wrong."

"I-I can't take it. I'll lose it. Mateo i don't trust myself with such an important thing."

"Aria. I'm giving this too you it's because I love you. Not because you'll protect it forever or die protecting it. Yes it's super important too me and I'll probably die losing it. But I still want you too have it. Please." He looked at me with a lot of emotions.

Nodding my head happily he smilingly slipped it on fitting perfectly like it was made for me.

Smirking as the ring fitted perfectly, Mateo took my hand and placed a kiss on the top.

I'll protect this ring with my life. As it's Mateo's....