Chapter 18

Mateo's POV

Mateo save me...

A voice sounding like my queen rang inside my head.

"Are we there yet!" Lucas shouted annoyed.

"Shut up Lucas! It's an hour drive and this is all your fault so don't you dare say anything!" I yelled back angry.

"Both of you need to calm down. We're reaching soon. Backup is behind us, so get your guns ready." Mark said.

Nodding I loaded my gun and all my men bursted in shooting all in sight.

Aria's POV

*boom!*

A loud sound caused me to wake up.

"Aria! You're awake. Are you ok!" Maya shouted happily, but my ribs felt like they have been punched and kicked.

Well... they have but...oh whatever!

"I'm fine but I'm hurt are you ok? Did they do anything to you?" I answered weekly.

"No thy didn't come back after they hurt you."

Sighing in relief that my best friend was not hurt, bullet shooting were heard outside.

Is Mateo coming to save me?...

Why do he care anyways. I bet he has a ton of girls before...

So why would he care about me...

Mateo's POV

"Where is she!" I yelled at Lok.

He was my enemy in high school. Lok was jealous over the amount of attention I get from girls that he became obsessed with taking me down.

Yes his good looking but his to jock-ish?

His jokes and pickup lines left girls in fumes or tears and the worse part was that he thought they were flushing or crying tears of joy!

I never understand how dumb he was and surprised that he got out of high school!

Whatever I just want my queen back!

"Like I tell you!" He spit.

Losing my patience I punched his face breaking his nose. Watching my men flinch I smirked.

"So...where is she."

Aria's POV

I heard a ticking sound coming from the roof top above us.

It started ticking so I counted the ticks and converted it into seconds.

Right now it's...

2mins and 27seconds.

*sigh* when is Mateo coming...

"Hey you there?" I asked maya.

"Yeah...just trying to take it all in... and trying to digest the info that your boyfriend is part of a mafia. But no biggie!" Her voice laced with anger,betrayal and mostly sadness.

"Look Maya. If I told you, you would have ended up like this."

"This is already happening!"

"Yes I know! But it's a mistake. They just saw you with so they took you too. It wasn't suppose to happen. So what if I told you and they found out. This wouldn't be a mistake."

"..."

*door busts open!*

"Aria!"

"Mateo!" I screamed in happiness.

"Maya!" Lucas popped in.

"Lucas...."

He ran and hugged Maya stroking her hair while Mateo looked at me with guilty eyes.

Smiling weekly and softly my vision was soon faded out into darkness. Realizing that my wounds took a toll on me.

"Aria!"

*boom!*