2||Sneaking out & Crashing parties.||

Copyright

Autumn Love

©2013, Loveofreakmusic15

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

NOT EDITED OR PROOFREAD.

Chapter Two

“Mia, no. I’m not buying you that toy young lady!” Aunt Eliza told Mia sternly.

I smiled at the scene; Mia was currently making her world famous ‘puppy face’ to which-according to her- no one could ever say no. Well, she never took Aunt Eliza into account.

Mia had seen this beautiful Barbie doll in a store when we went to the mall last Saturday that she’d fell in love with instantly. The problem was that she’d already bought two bags full of toys the same day and Aunt Eliza had prohibited her from buying any more toys for the next two months; one bag corresponding to one month. She’d said okay in the fun of the moment but then when she saw the doll-it was too late. There was no way Mia could convince Aunt Eliza to buy that doll. Changing her decision was like moving mountains-probably impossible.

Aunt Eliza lived with us. Whenever our parents left to work before, when it used to be only for a little while, my dad had requested her to come and take care of us-being a mushy big sister that she is to my father-she said yes. At first it used to be only for the time that mom and dad weren’t here, but then two very unfortunate events took place-our parents started being away for longer durations and Aunt Eliza lost her husband. Uncle Charlie was a Marine. I was always proud saying that my uncle was a marine. But then I didn’t understand the disadvantages. Even though he died a proud death-fighting for his country in Afghanistan-we hated the fact that we never told him to quit. For us, it had been difficult. It had been two years ago that he’d left us, left Aunt Eliza. She’d been terribly broken but then with mom and dad staying out longer, she stayed with us. She felt happier when she was around me and Mia somehow. It was the happiest moment when I had realized that we made her happy, even if it was only for a while.

“Avyy! Please!” Mia looked over to me making her same ‘puppy face’ that she’d tried on Aunt Eliza already. Too bad, my Aunt’s say is the last one.

“Sorry baby, but you got to listen to her on this one.” I patted her head lightly.

“But Av-“

“No.” Aunt said finality evident in her tone.

Mia sighed loudly and after stomping her small foot once, she ran upstairs and into her room.

“I feel bad saying no to her you know?” Aunt Eliza always had a trouble saying no to Mia. She hated it when Mia got sad but giving her everything she asked for would make her a spoiled brat.

“It’s okay, sometimes we have to say no. That’s how she’ll learn to be happy with all that she already has. And if we give her everything she needs, every gift, every feeling will lose its meaning.” I muttered lightly sitting beside her on the couch.

She nodded but didn’t say anything. The tv was on and some action movie was playing. I changed the channel and kept on changing until I found something I liked.

Guess today was my lucky day.

 I squealed like a little kid when I saw that Titanic was playing.

“I wonder how many more times you’d watch this movie.” My aunt muttered smiling.

“As many times as I can.” I beamed at her.