4||Breaking point||

Copyright

Autumn Love

©2014, Loveofreakmusic15

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

NOT EDITED OR PROOFREAD.

Chapter Four

"I'm sorry!" I said as soon as I saw Aunt Eliza.

Brandon was just beside me, ready to reason with her if it was needed but I knew that he was equally scared. Aunt Eliza can be very scary when she wants to.

"Now, what am I supposed to do with you?" she drawled lightly with a frown on her face. She looked very sleepy; I knew she had to go to work early and I felt guilty that she had to stay up because of me. She doesn't get much sleep except for on weekends since her work demands a lot of time and it was wrong that she had to be up because of me.

"I'm sorry Aunt Eliza, I promise not to do this again." I reasoned. I looked at her with my innocently pleading eyes. We looked at each other for a minute. Brandon stood beside me fidgeting lightly and I looked at Aunt. Soon, she sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

"Okay, get in. I'm not grounding you. But, your curfew is now eight instead of ten for 3 weeks." She said sternly and then turned around and left.

"Okay! Thank you!" I yelled.

I high fived Brandon as we snickered together.

"I can't believe that she let you off the hook so easily."

The thing is-I couldn't believe that either.

<><><><><><><><><><>

For the third time, I tried to pull open my locker. I knew that the code I had put in was right and still it wouldn't open. Once more, I pulled it a little rashly and then finally pounded on it with my fist. Still, the locker didn't open. The corridor was now empty and I knew all the students had already gone to their classes. I was late, and I had Mr.Hachi's class. He would get another opportunity to point a finger at me. I banged my fist on the locker and then I did it again. It hurt a little but I was too frustrated to notice. I don't know why but since yesterday I'd been snappy. It had been a week since the sneaking out incident and everything at home was weird. Aunt Eliza had been distant and I was worried it was because of me. I knew she expected me to not create any sort of nuisance since I was the older figure that Mia would look up to. My parents were never around and it wasn't really that easy on any of us. We all had our battles to fight and we had to do it as a family. After mom and dad kind of abandoning us, Aunt Eliza and Jordan was all Mia and I had closest to our hearts. I knew I should be the responsible one but for once, just once I feel like letting go. Getting drunk off my ass and partying till dawn. I want to do it sometimes. But I know better. I know that this is the time when Mia needs me to be the best elder sister I can be. I need to be a good example for her. And besides it's not like I didn't have fun. Aunt Eliza wanted me to enjoy my life but she also wanted me to know my limits, and I knew them. So, I think everything was okay, I was good.

I sighed as I banged my locker one last time, still in hope that my banging would have an effect over it and it would open, but no such luck. I sighed and then leaned forward on the lockers. My head made a light thud as it landed on the locker's surface.

A chuckle reverberated through the empty corridor making me jump slightly. I placed a hand over my now rapidly beating heart and turned to look at the silent observer who might just think I'm crazy since I'm standing here banging on lockers.