25||Realisations||

Copyright "

Autumn Love

©2015, SnigdhaChopra

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

NOT EDITED OR PROOFREAD.

Chapter Twenty Five

I looked at the test and it took everything in me to not just tear the sheet apart. I didn't know a single question! This was not good. Mr. Hachi would fail me. I needed these grades.

I slumped forward in my seat and willed myself to not tear the paper apart. This was the worse thing that could happen! I didn't even remember the questions I'd practiced with Hayden!

I looked around and saw that all the other students were too engrossed in solving the paper. I could see the class nerd, Corbin, on the first seat, writing as if his life depended on this paper. My eyes caught Lance's and he sent me a sympathetic glance. He was sitting right beside me and asking him a question or two would've been easy but...we both knew better than to cheat in Mr. Hachi's class. Kayla was seated beside him and Brandon was behind me. I could ask just a-

"I would appreciate if you focussed on you own papers." My teacher's voice echoed in the class room and I knew, without even looking up, that he was talking to me. I averted my gaze from Lance and looked at my empty paper.

Another half an hour later, the bell rang indicating the end of this period. I couldn't bring myself to look up at Mr. Hachi while I handed over my paper to him with nothing other than my name and a few scribbles on it. That only earned me a disapproved sigh.

"Avery, please stay back for a little." I internally stabbed myself multiple times before sitting on a nearby desk. "Hayden, you too." Kill me now.

After all the students had finally left and only Hayden and I were the ones in the room with him, he walked back over to his desk , set all the papers tidily and turned around. He leaned back on his desk and for one whole minute he just looked at us.

"Where is the problem?" He finally asked. For the first time in so long, he didn't sound angry but instead-defeated. It was worse. I'd rather him scold me and give me detention than loose hope altogether.

I tried to reason out but he stopped me and started talking again.

"Avery, I realize that Algebra isn't your forte and its not something you enjoy but you need to understand that I cannot give you free grades for scribbles! I have talked to other teachers and they say you're a good student, especially your English Lit. teacher. I was told that you want to pursue English and go on to become a writer. It's great! You have a goal and you're working towards it well. But this one subject is affecting you. What do you want me to do, Avery?" He finished. I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair and thought about it.

"Sir-" Hayden started but I cut him off before he could defend me, again.

"Sir, I'm sorry. I've been skipping my tutoring sessions with Hayden. I will resume immediately and cover up all the past chapters. Within two weeks, I promise you will see the change." I told him earnestly. I couldn't let my feelings for Hayden affect my grades. I wouldn't.

"Okay. Hayden, do you have something to say?" He looked so disappointed when he asked Hayden this. I had disappointed him. I hated disappointing people.

"No."

We were dismissed then. Hayden caught up to me as I speedily exited the class wanting to get as far away from him as possible.