20||You can get away from me||

Copyright

Autumn Love

©2014,Loveofreakmusic15

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

NOT EDITED OR PROOFREAD.

Chapter Twenty

My legs burned; my chest heaved. My knee exceptionally, ached.

I ran as fast as my half working legs would take me. I did not consider stopping as an alternative even though it hurt too much to even stand, let alone walk.

I have no idea why this was as big as I was making it; why it hurt so much. All I knew was that I was tired. I didn't know how to face such things. I wasn't good with mixed signals or hate by anyone I cared for. I'd suffered very long when my parents had become distant and it'd taken me a while before I could come to terms with it and set an example for Mia. It had taken me a longer duration of time to get over Tyler. But since I was younger that time, emotions weren't as powerful as they are now. Now I feel too much and too soon. My first heartbreak had made me cynical, but not enough to keep me from caring again, loving again. I didn't love Hayden. I know. Not yet. But it still hurts.

"Avery!" His voiced boomed through the dense forest. I pushed my legs harder, forcing myself to move faster. I didn't want to see him be nonchalant. It hurt too much.

"Avery! We're going to get lost!" He yelled. I still didn't stop.

The sound of crunching of the leaves because of his running was slowly coming closer and so I willed myself to move faster.

"Stop it!" Suddenly the voice was too close for me to escape. And then two arms enclosed around my waist. In an attempt to flee, I pushed myself away from him, in turn, tripping over a branch or something but before I could fall, he steadied me and quickly turned me around to face him. "Stop."

I was still crying but it was mostly the aftershocks of terrible sobbing. I looked at his face and thankfully, there was at least a little expression on his face. He seemed concerned and his forehead was covered with beads of sweat.
Maybe he was just concerned for himself. That he'll be responsible if anything happens to me. This made me all the more angry. I wanted him to want to comfort me. I wanted him to want to be there for me.

"What the hell is up with you?" He asked softly. His eyes were a different shade of brown, a lighter one. I figured that maybe the sunlight did that to his eyes. His eyes were so beautiful. At this moment, as I stared at him through my tears, I realised that he was beautiful. I have no idea how, or when this boy managed to become so important for me but he did.

We were barely good friends, yet still I'd managed to be so vulnerable to him. But then, at the same time, I guess I always thought he was different. The first time I saw Hayden Kole a couple years ago--I'd known, I'd known that this boy was like no other. At that time, I was hardly interested in him but with his mysterious aura--I always knew he wasn't like the others. What I didn't know, was that maybe one day I'll have feelings for him.

And right now, I didn't want to be vulnerable to him. I didn't want him to see how emotionally weak I was. People out there were suffering so much more than me, but I was still weak. So weak.

"Avery, we need to leave." He said. My eyes were still wet and I wondered if that affected him even a little.
I was too tired to argue. I didn't want to be near him. It hurt too much. He didn't care and I didn't want to care so much. It was awful how I felt for a guy who couldn't care less about me.
So I just nodded in response.
I wiped my face with the back of my right hand and followed him as he turned around to go...somewhere. I didn't know the way and neither was I capable enough to find a way to our friends. So I just let him lead the way.
We kept walking and I had mixed feelings about whether I wanted him to ask me what happened or whether I didn't. A part of me wished he'd just ask me and talk to me but he didn't. He kept walking ahead of me, occasionally looking behind to make sure that I was following him.