8||A Misadventure||

Copyright

Autumn Love

©2014, Loveofreakmusic15

Published on Wattpad

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

NOT EDITED OR PROOFREAD.

Chapter Eight

I looked at the now empty dish and all I could see were remnants of a heavenly delicacy. My heart wanted more of it while my mind and stomach told me that no more could actually fit in-and if I tried-I'd burst.

Mia sat quietly on the kitchen counter while Aunt Eliza cleaned her up. I got up and took the dish to the sink and rinsed it. Then I kept it in the corner to let it dry and walked back to the counter. Hayden was engrossed in his cell phone and what he was so intently doing on his phone suddenly perked my interest but I pushed it down. We weren't a couple, or best friends or even friends for that matter-I knew not yet. Why he had defended me earlier was a mystery but I dare not take it in the way my heart was pleading to. I could never let myself allow thinking that the defending meant anything more than a mere issue of right and wrong to him. He thought that what my mom was thinking was wrong and he just told her the truth, defending me in the process. Yes, that gesture had made me jittery and yes, I admire him for it but I forced my obsessive feelings down. I couldn't obsess over a guy I hardly knew!

Yet still, you've managed to start liking him already. My stupid mind!

Shaking my head off the irrelevant thoughts, I asked Hayden if it was okay with him if we left for the party. My curfew was eleven and it was already nine. Brandon would be waiting for us.

"Be back before eleven!" Aunt Eliza yelled from the door as I walked towards the car along with Hayden. I turned around to give her a thumbs up and watched Mia wiggle in Aunt's arms while she called for me. Aunt Eliza set Mia down and she ran to me as fast as her little feet would take her.

"Come back soon Avy. I'll miss you." She said clearly except for the slight lisp that I was sure would improve with time. I smiled down at her and pulled her into a big hug. After a couple of seconds I put her down and kissed her head. She ran back to the house to Aunt.

They waved at us as Hayden pulled his car out of the driveway.

"Bye Hayden!" Mia yelled happily.

Hayden chuckled in return and waved at her. He sped up the car and my house disappeared from our sight. After a couple of seconds into the drive I took the liberty to move forward and increase the volume of the radio. After changing a couple of stations I finally found one that was mildly bearable. It was really awful that half the time songs that played on the radio were boring. I mean how in the world are we supposed to enjoy car rides? Everyone knows that radio's much more fun than CDs.

"You're going to the trip to Galveston?" Hayden was the first to break the silence. Even though it wasn't like he was proposing to me, but the sound of his voice did something to my stomach.

"Yep." I answered as normally as I could. "You?"

"Yeah, we've got a match."

"Against who?"

"Galveston High."

"They have a good team?" Everyone knew that Jacob, Blake and Hayden together were undefeatable. So, I almost felt stupid for asking this.

"Yeah, as a matter of fact they do. The coach's got all of us on our toes since the time he was told that we will be playing against them." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.