Chapter 2

It's Friday and I am dreading tomorrow. I am going to Valerie's house for dinner. I get to my locker and take out a notebook. 

I close the locker and jump. "Shit! What the? you scared me," I exclaim. I see Valerie standing in front of me randomly. She has a white hoodie and black jeans. Her hair is loose and straight. 

"Sorry," she whispers. 

"Whatever, what do you want?"

She looks down at her converse then back at me. "About our date."

"It's not a date," I say.

"Well our day to meet, I want to talk about that," she says. 

"Not here, meet me afterschool,"

"I can't. I need to meet Jimmy afterschool for his project."

I roll my eyes, "Fine, follow me."

I know a special place where no one goes to. I use it to go make out with girls in between classes. It is an abandon janitor closet. It doesn't have any cleaning supplies and it has twice the room as a normal janitor closet plus no one really knows about it since its been painted white as the walls. The way to go in is by sliding a card since there is no door knob.

I open the door and quickly push valerie in. "Whoa!" She yielps. 

"What about our day to meet?" I drop the backpack and lean agaisnt the wall. Valerie hugs herself and looks at me. 

"Well, I want to umm be understood so I have a plan but I need you to help me."

What does she mean? She answers my question by telling me her plan. "I don't want to be this weird girl anymore. I want to prove people that I am like not weird and a good person. I am not a brat who only loves her dad's money. I am not that girl. So I need you to help me with that."

I chuckle, "Dude really?"

She nods shyly. 

"Valerie, you are weird. Just look at you how you dressed like! And you are a brat. Why did you always showed off your things to us when you got them?"

"I just wanted to be cool," she says. 

"Cool? How can you be cool when you are a show off? When we all know who your dad is?"

"I just," she takes a deep breathe. She tries to open the door. "Stupid door!"

I take in the card into the door and open it. The school bell has rung and everyone is in class. "There."

"Just forget it okay? Keep the stupid money," she says before leaving.

VALERIE POV:

I am waiting for Jimmy outside the school parking lot. I just want to get this over with. My plan has failed. Nick laughed at me and my plan. He was being mean as well. How can I be nice to him if he isn't nice to me?

A red car drives by and it stops. The windows rolls down and I see Jimmy. "Get in."

I nod and get into the car. 

The drive is quiet with only the radio on. We arrive to a suburbs area. Jimmy's house is golden dark brown with only two stories high. He parks into the garage. We walk into the kitchen where I see a dark skin woman. 

"Hey mom," jimmy says. 

"Hi and hi Jimmy's friend," she smiles wide. Dimples form on her cheeks and her brown eyes squit a bit. She is his mom?

"This is Valerie she is gonna help me with my project. Haynes gave me a chance to pick up my grade in spanish," Jimmy says. 

"Hi Valerie, I am Jackie Royal," Jackie offers me her hand and I shake it. "Hi Ms. Royal."