Chapter 3

Next Day: At the festival

"Tacos for two dollars!" Carlos yells from across his booth. Mac is next to him waving a taco sign to the crowd. 

Jimmy pokes my stomach, "Hey, so how about this? Almost all the city is here!"

"District and so on here we come!" I yell. The rest of the team cheers on. 

"Can I have a water please?" Victor comes in with his girl. 

"That is a dollar and twenty please," I say. 

"So how is it going?"Victor asks as he gives me the money. I give him a bottle of water and say it's going good.

"I totally think we should do this for our club Victor," Yolanda chuckles, "I am glad everyone is here."

I nod. "Yeah, great funds."

"So bro, where is Valerie? Wasn't this part of the date she bought?" Victor asks.

Jimmy chuckles, "He bailed out."

"What?" Yolanda asks.

"She said it was okay if we didnt go out."

Victor looks at me like if I did a bad thing. "Is this because she is not your type of girl?"

I say no, "She just wanted to donate the money."

"Sure," Victor walks away with Yolanda. He turns around signaling me he is watching me. 

"Break time," Trevor says. He grabs my arm and we start to walk around. Rick comes with us. 

"So, you think we can have enough money to go to the trip at the end of the year?" Rick asks. 

"Hope so, I can't wait to go Florida!" Trevor exclaims. 

I see people dancing, eating junk food, and talking around the tables we set up. It is kinda of chilly but nothing we can't handle. Then I see Valerie with her Dad talking to my own dad. 

"Hey, do you want to go play?" Rick asks me.

"Nah, I am going to talk to my dad," I say. I walk towards them and hear Valerie's dad complimenting on my skills. 

"He is such a good player. Maybe I can hook you up with an interview to the best colleges who offer basketball scholarships."

Valerie turns to me and kinda of smiles. I see she is wearing a black dress and black mini boots with her hair in a side pony tail. 

"Oh hey," Dad smiles. "George this is my son, Nick."

Mr. Parker smiles and shakes my hand. "Nice to meet you son."

Sure...

"Likewise sir," I nod. 

"We were talking about your education," Dad whispers. 

"Well, I thought you already had the money to pay my education," I say. 

"I know he does but you still have to be prepared," Mr. Parker says. 

Valerie POV

Nick joins my dad and his dad in the talk. They start talking about his basketball skills and college. Nick stands next to me closely since the place is getting packed. 

"So do you have a girlfriend?" dad asks.

"No sir, I am single."

Dad grins, "Well I know someone who really likes you."

Ugh dad! No! 

"Oh hello," mom comes in the picture and kisses my dad's cheek. 

"THis is my beautiful wife Reese Parker," Dad says.