chapter 5

I drive to Valerie's house to check up on her. Its Saturday. 

I knock on the door and Valerie's mom appears. She has her hair loose and a simple white dress on. "Hi Nick."

"Hi Mrs. Parker," 

She smiles, "Come in. Let me get Valerie." I walk into the living room and sit on the couch. I hear some yielps and screams then something falling. Suddenly Mrs. Parker comes in, "She will be here shortly. Do you want anything to drink?"

"umm water will be nice."

"Judith! Bring water to nick!" she yells. She comes sits next to me on the couch. "So, how have you been?"

"Okay," I smile.

"Hi,"

I stand and turn around. I see Valerie in a navy blue dress and cowboy boots. She sort of looks cute. 

"She is all yours," Mrs. Parker leaves but not before kissing Valerie on her cheek. I hear her whisper to be a good girl. 

I walk towards Valerie and see her nose is better. She doesn't have much bruising anymore only some purple small spots. 

"Hi," i say. 

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"Well, I said i was going to check up on you. I couldn't come yesterday due to a bro emergency."

"Okay, well i am okay now."

I sigh, "Good."

She bites her lower lip and looks at me. She looks so nervous.

"So, do you want to go out?" I ask slowly. 

Her eyes go wide, "Now?"

I shrug, "Well, like what do you want to do?"

She shrugs too. "I have no idea."

"Let's go eat a giant hot dog," I suggest.

She suddenly chuckles and I see her really smile. Her eyes become sparkly, her skin looks smooth, and her cheeks become pink. She looks so cute and pretty. She tugs her hair on both sides behind her ears. "Sure. I just tell my mom." She walks towards the kitchen. I hear Mrs. Parker yell in happiness and Valerie runs towards me and gets my hand. "Run!" 

We run to my car and drive away. I stop at the corner, "What happened?"

"my mom wanted to take pictures!" 

"what?"

She rolls her eyes, "She is like annoying when it comes to boys. I told her it wasn't a date but she didn't care. She wanted to take pictures."

I guess. "Heh, well we are save."

I drive to the hot dog palace of awesomeness. We enter the restaurant and order dogs. 

"can i just have a regular hotdog? No ketchup or onions." she says. 

"Okay," the waiter says. "And you sir?"

"I want a vanilla smoothie with fries and a big chilli cheese dog with pickles please."

"Ew," Valerie says, "I hate pickles."

I throw her a napkin, "PIckles are good."

She looks down and smiles. We sit in silence until the food comes. We eat in silence as well. I see Valerie can barely eat the whole hot dog. I also notice she is slim, skinny. It is the clothes that make her look a bit bigger than she is. 

I finish my smoothie and she drinks some water. "burp," she jumps. "Sorry."

I chuckle, "Excuse you missy."