Chapter 9

I wait for Valerie next to her locker. Sam and Jimmy suddenly walk towards me.

"Hey," Sam says, "who are you waiting for?"

"Valerie," Jimmy answers, "Right?"

"Wait," Sam thinks, "I thought you were already finished with her. Didn't you take her out?"

"Well yeah, but-"

"Umm, excuse me," Valerie interrupts me. Sam steps aside and looks down at her.

"Why are you guys at my locker?" she asks.

"Hey Val," Jimmy smiles. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah," she nods. "Excuse me Nick." She opens her locker and gets things.

"Umm," Sam says, "So, are you like friends with Nick?"

I look at him, "Yeah and?"

"But dude, you said you didn't like her," Sam says. He looks at Jimmy, "and you too dude."

"Well that was in the past," Jimmy answers.

Sam isn't the brightest star but he isn't stupid. "This is weird," he says as he walks away.

"So what up?" Jimmy asks Valerie. She closes her locker and looks at him. "Nothing much, how about you?"

"Was wondering if we can hang out again," Jimmy smiles.

"Sure," Valerie nods.

Great, really, another freaking date? I look at Valerie and she shrugs. "Okay, I see you guys later, Bye," Jimmy walks away. I step in front of Valerie. Can't believe she is going out with him again.

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Why did you say yes to Jimmy again?" I ask.

"Nick, we are just friends, why are you upset?"

I sigh, "i am not."

She smiles, "Good."

"I am going to talk to Sally," I say randomly.

"Good, so how is she?" she asks.

"I texted her to come for dinner to talk, I really don't know how she is," I answer.

Valerie pats my head, "Good boy."

"Don't treat me like a puppy," I groan. The bell rings and we walk to class.

...

The day goes on being normal, nothing special. I am walking to my car when I hear Valerie screaming. What the?

"Valerie?" I yell. I don't hear a response. I start to panic and run towards the school. "Valerie?" I yell again. Darn it, and it's after-after school, no one is here! Wait, maybe I am imagining this, right?

VALERIE POV:

I am being dragged to the back of the school, please, please someone help! What is going on? I am too small to escape. My face gets hit on the ground and dirt flies everywhere. I spit some out of my mouth and look up. I crawl back as I see a random man standing there. What is going on?

"You are pretty," he says.

"Help!" I yell. I am scared...

The man begins to walk towards me. I don't know what to do, no one is here. I am scared.

"Sssh," he says. "It's okay."

I can't feel my legs. My stomach hurts. "P-please don't don't hurt me," i whimper.