Chapter 15

"She is pregnant," Victor just spits it out. What? No way, she can't be pregnant.

Yolanda slaps his head, "Shut up, don't worry Nick. If Valerie assured you she is not pregnant, she isn't. Besides we will know after she gets out of the clinic."

We are at school siting in the cafeteria. I can't eat though, my stomach is in knots. I can't be a dad, at least not now.

"Everything will be okay," Victor says.

"I hope."

The day goes on and school ends. I quickly drive to Valerie's house and wait for her in the living room. Her mom is with her and Mr. Parker is working, so I am alone.

The door opens and I see Valerie in a cute gray sweater dress. I stand, "Hey, the maid let me in."

"Hi," she lightly smiles. She walks over and kisses me.

"What happened? Where's your mom?" I ask.

"She didn't go," Valerie answers, "I'm sorry if I lied, but I knew you wouldn't let me go alone."

"Valerie, I could have gone with you," I say.

We sit on the couch. "I'm pregnant."

Stupid Victor was right....

My brain is on blank mode. I am just looking at her pretty face and some tears running down her cheek.

"Okay, okay, well, that's okay," I try to reassure myself. "It's fine."

"No," she says.

I look at her, "It's fine, we can get through it. I am just afraid of what your parents might say. I don't want to get you in trouble."

"It's not yours," she says.

"Not mine? We had sex Valerie, like two weeks ago," I say.

"I am two months along," she says.

"It's Jerry's?" I ask.

She nods. "I give him my virginity."

Great. Just freaking great.

"You can go, I will understand," she whimpers. "I'm sorry. I didn't know-I didn't think about it and well it was my first time and well-"

I hug her, "It's fine."

"I'm sorry," she says.

"I won't leave," I say. I wont, I can't leave her. I am falling in love with her, we weren't together when she had sex with Jerry. I can't get angry at her. I can be sad that it's not my kid, but I can't be angry. I have no right to.

I kiss her, "We will tell everyone it's my kid. If they ask, well we made love before we started going out."

"Are you serious?" she asks in disbelieve. "you don't have to do this Nick. You don't need to feel sorry for me or anything. I understand if you leave. I won't be angry."

I shake my head no, "I am falling in love with you Valerie."

She lightly smiles, "me too."

I rub the tears away with my thumbs. "And well, is the baby okay?"

she nods, "Yeah. Maybe next time I can see if its a boy or girl."

"And you?"

"I can go throughout the pregnancy, my heart is strong, especially now," she smiles wide. "Thank you so much."

I hold her tight and wait for her parents to arrive. We tell them and I tell my parents. As always, unexpected new is unpopular at first.

...