Chapter 14

At School

Nick is constantly following me everywhere. I have a stalker now.

"Valerie," Nick gets my arm and turns me to him.

"I'm going to be late for class," i say. I get my arm back.

"Please," he says, "Let's talk."

"No, you aren't my boyfriend, Jerry is."

"NO," he says.

"I thought you said we were just friends," I say. "And now suddenly you love me? What's the deal?"

He sighs, "it's complicated."

"Well, when you are ready to tell me the complication, then call me," I say. I walk away leaving my message clear.

NICK POV

What am I going to do now?

"Hey," Victor says. We are siting in lunch.

"What?"

"Dude, what's going on?" he asks.

"Valerie,"

"What about her?"

"Victor, I need to tell you what's going on, you are my best friend right?"

He nods. "Yeah bro."

I tell him everything. I hope he doesn't judge me though. I wait for his response, but he only has a blank face.

"Say something," I whisper.

Suddenly Harold, Mac, and Jimmy sit down in the table. "guess what?" Mac asks.

"What?" Jimmy says.

"We gonna have a major party! My parent's are leaving for a whole week," he smiles.

"No thank you," I say. I stand, "See you guys later."

"Whoa," Victor says. "we see each other later."

I nod. I think he is upset with me. I know I am not doing something good, it's for the money.

...

I see Valerie leaving with Jerry afterschool. I can't help but to feel rage. I can'tbelieve this!

"Yo," Victor walks towards me.

"Don't be upset,"

"I'm not, but what the hell? Why are you doing this? Just for the money?" he asks.

""Well yes, but-but I don't know anymore," I say.

"You like her? Like falling in love with her?"

"I don't know, but i am mad she is with that Jerry kid,"

"You never explained anything to her Nick! How can she not date anyone since you told her she isn't your girlfriend?"

"But I am her boyfriend!"

"To her parents only!"

I grunt, "UGh! I-I just need-"

"You need to talk to her parents, your parents, and her," Victory pokes my chest, "You! You need to clear everything."

"And I still love Sally," I whisper. "We hav been kinda texting each other."

"Really?" Victor throws his arms in the air. "great! More reason for her to be with the other dude."

"Okay stop disagreeing with me," I say. "I need help and support."

He pets my hair, "There there, everything will be fine."