chapter 4

Three days later:

we are all eating at the caferteria. Victor is next to me followed by his girl. 

"Hey," Jimmy sits on my other side. "Guess what?" he asks.

"What weirdo?" Rick asks.

"I got a B on my spanish project! I am totally gonna get that scholarship!"

Sam high fives him, "awesome!"

"Congrats," victor says. "Was it cause Valerie helped you?"

Jimmy rolls his eyes, "Well yeah but still."

"Ya! leave him alone," carlos chuckles, "leave him with his girlfriend!"

Everyone laughs except for me. 

Yolanda notices my mood and whispers, "are you okay?"

I nod. I lost my appetite. I stand and quietly walk away. Jimmy isn't dating Valerie...yet.

They been hanging this past days since of the project. He even took her to a restaurant! 

What can I do to make him forget about her? I know he does like her. But he can't date her.

I have to...

VALERIE POV: 

I get to my locker before lunch is over. I am going to put my lunch bag in. 

"hey," Jimmy says. I look behind me and seee him. 

"Hi," I say.

"I got a B," he smiles.

"Nice," I say. "Congrats."

"Thanks for like helping me," he says. 

I nod, "welcome."

"Here," he takes out a envelope from his backpack. "It's just something special, not the expensive gift you might be use to."

I don't know if that's an insult or not.

I take it, "you didn't have to."

"But i want to," he smiles once again. 

i am opening it but he stops me, "not here. read it when your home."

"Okay," I lightly smile.

"Cool, well see you later Val," Jimmy says. 

The bells rings and I go off to my class.

...

School ends and I am driving home. I suddenly see Nick's car outside my house. why is he here?

I park and go inside the house. "Judith I am home!"

"Hey," Nick comes from the side.

I slightly jump, "Whoa, hi."

"sorry if i just came by like this," he says. 

"it's cool," i say. 

Judith comes in with tea, "Hi Valerie. How was school?" she walks towards the living room setting the platter on the middle wodden table. I look at her then back at Nick. "Why is he here?" 

"I wanted to hang out," Nick answers. "JUdtih kindly let me in."

"Excuse me," I say to Nick. I get Judith and drag her to the kitchen. "what is going on? why is here? I don't he wants to hang out. this is weird," I whisper.

Judith smiles, "well maybe he does since he came by dinner last time. Maybe he thought you looked cute in the dress and wants to get to know you better."