Chapter 6

*note from January 2016*
So a reader told me about a mistake with the timeline and I realize I didn't put Chapter 7 at all correctly. I've uploaded the chapter today but it might appear at the end of the chapter list so just an FYI go to the last chapter in case Chapter 7 is not appearing next to this one.
Thanks for the support!
**

I am walking to Valerie's house to knock on the door. I am still in shock of what my mom told me. The door opens and see Mr. Parker.

"Hi son, come in," he lets me in and closes the door behind him. "I guess you came for Valerie?"

I nod.

He calls for Judith to bring Valerie downstairs. "you want breakfast?" he asks.

"No thanks sir," I say.

"So how is everything going? My wife told me Valerie came pretty happy when you took her out for lunch."

"We are starting to know each other. I like her," I say.

Mr. Parker grins, "I knew she was a good girl for you."

"Sir, we need to talk," I say.

"About what?" he asks.

"This,"

"Let's talk in the kitchen," Mr. Parker says. We walk to the kitchen and I stand near the counter.  "What's the problem?"

I sigh, "You didn't tell me she was going to die."

His eyes become sad and he frowns. "I don't like to talk about it."

"Fine, but why didn't you tell me? I don't want to hurt her."

"you won't," he says firmly.

"I do-"

"Shush," he says, "young man, if you want that scholarship and want your father to keep his job, you will make my Val very happy. Do you understand?"

"Sir-"

"Hey," Valerie says. I turn around and see her smiling. "Is eveything okay?"

Mr. Parker nods, "of course sweetie. I am going to work now. I see you later kid." He hugs her and leaves. Valerie combs her hair back behind her ears and smiles. She is wearing jeans with a white sweater and black shoes. She looks like herself.

"Hi," she says. "you ready to go to school?"

"Sure," I say. We walk outside to my car. We hop in and ride to school. I park and take off my belt. "Valerie,"

"yeah?"

"We are not a couple, you know that right?"

She nods, "Yeah."

"I don't know why I kissed you. I guess I am just a boy and well you are a girl so that happened."

"Well, it's okay," she says.

"But I would like to know you better," I say. I look at her and she lightly smiles. I feel so sad for her. My mom didn't tell me specifically what she has but I know that whatever it is; it may not be cureble.

"Okay, well, how about you take me to the date I bid for?" she asks.

"Sure" I smile.

"Okay, well thanks for the ride. I see you later." She opens the door and walks away. I get my backpack and exit the car. I look around to see if anyone saw but everyone seems to be in their own bussiness.

...

Victor and Trevor are with me in lunch. They are talking about a movie they saw last night. But all I am thinking about is Valerie.