Imagine V

You'd had a longer day than usual at the farm. It didn't seem as bad as you'd had your friend, Shane, on your mind, but, still, you were dealing with crops until almost four. You were still fairly new at this so harvest time was a struggle and a half for you and with the end of summer rapidly approaching, many of your crops were practically begging to be taken out of the sun. You'd planted way too many hot pepper plants because you absolutely loved spicy foods and now that you'd done so you didn't want to just leave them out there to wilt. What a waste of food and money that would be. You had a couple basketfuls of hot peppers and you remembered Shane mentioning that he loves them. You'd decided to take him some as a thank you for all of his advice on chickens (Robin was presently building you a coop thanks to his guidance). Just as a celebration of your first summer harvest, you were giving a bunch of different villagers different crops that you'd - from one source or another - heard they liked.

     Once you were - finally - done harvesting and watering crops you had to clear away some stones, logs, grass, and such for better access to other areas on your land. It was a process, that's for sure, and you were still super new to this. You'd lived your entire life up to this point in the city, so all of this physical labour was a totally new thing to you. One of your favourite things was how much weight you were loosing. You were starting to gain a little bit of self confidence with how you looked thanks to it. When you got back to your home you checked the clock. It was already 9:30. You sighed, you'd been hoping for a chance to bathe before you headed to the pub but if you wanted to catch Shane tonight while the peppers were freshest you'd have to forego such rituals until you'd gotten back home. You did minor things: washed your face, arms, and hands, put on more deodorant, redid your ponytail, and changed your clothes. By the time you were done, had picked out some of the best peppers from your harvest, and tied them together gently with some baling twine, it was slightly after 10. You were aware that Shane was often at the pub until around midnight as you'd sat a few drinks with him a time or two before.

     You could finally see the pub and - just your luck - some totally foxy looking chick that you'd never seen before was walking in the door. You sighed, shrugged, and walked in shortly after her. You glanced around, it was a Monday night so you, Shane, and Emily were the youngest people in the pub. Unfortunately, that meant that the woman who'd walked in right before you was already hanging off of the youngest man she could find - Shane. You felt a pang in your chest and wondered why it hurt so much to see a beautiful woman attached to Shane. He was your friend, right? So you wanted him to be happy, right? You mentally nodded. You knew that you wanted him to be happy; you went out of your way often to make sure that at least once a day someone put a smile on his lovely face. With that thought in mind you shoved the pang to the back of your mind, walked up to the bar, and chatted for a moment with Gus and then Emily. You chatted with Emily for slightly longer than with Gus but still not very long as you kept glancing over at Shane and the woman and just couldn't focus on the conversation.

"(Y/N)?"

"Huh?"

"I said, 'So who are the peppers for?'," you sighed,

"Well, I was going to give them to Shane because he loves hot peppers but, he looks to be pretty preoccupied by that lovely young lady so maybe I'd better just head home." Emily shook her head, you just barely caught it out of the corner of your eye as you were still watching Shane.

"They're best fresh, give them to him now. He probably needs some saving from her anyways, whether he's sober enough to realize it or not. I thought she'd stop coming 'round here after what happened with Sam. His father wasn't too happy with her and it seemed to scare her off. I wonder if she got word that his father isn't in town right now." You nodded thoughtfully and decided to give Shane the peppers and get home so that you could bathe before bed because, let's face it, you were gross. You walked up to where Shane and the young lady were, he caught sight of you and you saw some sort of emotion flash across his face, you hoped it wasn't hatred for interrupting him while he was with such a fetching lady.