Chapter 2

TUESDAY(NEXT WEEK)

~Soojung~

It's been a week since the grand opening of Stay Baking, and it's been busy as ever. Min Jihoon comes by every day, and as a gift I always give her freshly baked almond macarons. The recipes Sung-Oh and Yuna gave me became quite popular among the people that comes. It was around 7 o'clock, meaning rush hour has died down. I've been on my feet since 11, whether it be making more treats or helping out customers. I don't have enough money or popularity to get help, but I'll do for now. I closed my eyes and smiled. I thought I should clean up, so I got up and grabbed my broom. The silence in the shop gave me nice vibes, but I was feeling like dancing. So I turned on my radio, and "Hero" by Monsta X came on, making me squeal. I started dancing around the shop. Then, 'Crazy' by 4Minute came on, making me dramatically fake cry.

"Why did you guys have to disband?!" Regardless, I started to dance along to Hyuna's parts. I got out of breath.

"I need to work out more." I breathed out. I grabbed my water from the counter and took a big swig.

My all-time favourite song to dance came on; Monster, by EXO. I did the choreography perfectly, doing everything at the right time.

At the end I laughed to myself, falling onto the ground. If someone were to walk in right now...

I heard the bell ring, signalling a new customer. I screamed and quickly got up, fixing my hair.

"Welcome to Stay Baking!" I said in a cheery, out of breath voice. The guy hummed, and began looking around. I shrugged, he seemed to be in a bad mood. I sat back down and started to record the profit from the past week. All the money went to me but I needed to separate it just enough so I have enough for my personal needs and money for the shop. The guy coughed, making me look up. I went back to the counter, and started scanning in his items. 2 chocolate chip cookies, a dozen cream puffs and... 5 almond macarons. I smiled as I ran the last item.

"What are you smiling it." The guy said, his voice muffled by the mask he wore. It was odd, he wore sunglasses inside and a mask. I didn't want to question it though.

"I have a customer that orders 5 macarons everyday, and it reminded me of her. I'm sorry if it made you... mad?" I said in a questioning tone. Why does this guy care?
He just nodded and took back his stuff.

"That'll be $10.50 please." I said with a firm tone. He handed me his money and I gave him change back. He was about to turn around and leave when he saw my "Wall of Regulars" and stared at the picture of Min Jihoon. I walked behind him and coughed. He jumped, as if I scared him, making me grin slightly. He awkwardly scratched his neck.

"Is this the person who always gets her macarons?" He said. I nodded and smiled at the picture.

"She was my first customer, and she's a sweet lady. Why?" I questioned. He nodded as if taking in the information.

"She's, uh, she's my grandmother." He said. I was about to say 'really?' But suddenly started to blush.

So he's the one who Jihoon keeps telling me about.

Oh boy...