Chapter 12: "Get away from me ..."

  It was Monday. I was tired, stressed, reluctant, it would practically have been easier for anyone to come up to me and say "Ten Kels, a gun, get on your forehead and free yourself at once."

  I was late in biology because I had to find Ms. Guinea, the math teacher, to give her the special job she had told me to do. I had to give it to him in the first hour so she could qualify him and raise my grade in the semester.

  And I would have done so without being late to my classes if it were not for the very happy Jake and Tris who kept pampering and loving me while I tried not to vomit, and repeated again and again that we would be late. Although they did not listen to me once.

  And do not take it personal. I have nothing against love, besides thinking that only rarely happens in the history of mankind, and that Shakespeare had been right when he said that in love there was always tragedy and drama, it seemed to me something very beautiful that passed between two teenagers.

  But not when I was late.

  Okay, I'm used to those stupidities of being late because I'm the most unpunctual person I know. And now just this very moment, I was running out of air running all over the school while trying to get to my locker to take my biology stuff.

  The few people in the hallways saw me running and breathing like an amorphous seal with breathing problems, and they laughed or just ignored me while trying to skip their classes.

  Pathetic.

  Probably Jake and Tris were already in the biology room distributing their love to the poor teenagers who had to see them because they had no choice.

  Damn idiots in love.

  I got to my locker and put my hands on my knees as I looked for some air.

  For God's sake, I need to exercise and get fit once and for all.

  I stood upright and breathed deeply for at least five minutes.

  And although he did not have time for that, while he was running back to the biology room, he could say that he had had an asthma attack and that was why he was late.

  Now that I think about it, I'm always lying.

  I opened my locker to take out my books and kept everything else I was not going to need.

  This from the lockers would have been a very good method in the orphanage.

  I looked at the clock on my phone again. The bell had been ringing for ten minutes.

  Dammit.

  I closed my locker and started to walk quickly to the classroom because if I ran I would have a serious heart attack and I did not feel like that now either.

  I placed my bag on my shoulder and looked ahead as I walked at a steady pace.

  A gentle push stopped me as I collided with the lockers

Traductor de Google para empresas:Google Translator ToolkitTraductor de sitios webGlobal Market Finder

Oh Lord. Everything always happens to me.

  Aaron Lawrence was taking me by the wrists as he approached me cornering me against the lockers.

  I was angry. It could be noticed for miles.

  His breathing was heavy, his eyes were wide open revealing the deep, deep blackness in them. His jaw was tight, as he usually did when he was near me. At that moment I wondered if the problem of always being angry, was for me or for himself. She stared at me for at least three minutes and I felt so small before her eyes that I had to make myself a ball and start crying. I could feel my legs shaking. I swallowed hard, trying to get the knot in my throat to go. Aaron directed his eyes to my neck and that made me much more nervous.