Chapter 22 Stop

Chapter 22: "-Stop"

   I left the ice cream in the freezer and rested my hands on the kitchen counter. I took three deep breaths trying to prepare myself for what would come next.

  He knew there was no turning back, and he knew he could not lie to him because he was already aware of everything. Or at least of everything, less of my version of the facts.

  I breathed once more and walked slowly into the room where Aaron was waiting for me, very relaxed, sitting on the couch where I had been seconds before.

  I sat in the single chair because I was clearly not going to sit next to him, I had too much with his eyes that kept inspecting every movement he gave.

  I had no idea how to start it all, it was too long and tangled to have a starting point. Maybe from my birth, but the problem was that I had no idea of ​​all that. I did not know who my parents were, what my name was, or who was responsible for me at the moment.

  "When you want." Aaron made a gesture with his hand and I lifted my legs to the armchair wrapping myself in the blanket again.

  "I do not know how to begin," I admitted.

  "From the beginning it's a good idea."

  "That's the problem, I do not know how all this started." I took another deep breath. I was already beginning to feel the headache beating in my skull, as if they were clutching my head between two tweezers crushing it until there was nothing of juice inside.

  -You know what? I looked at him. I have an eternity.

  I guessed it was a vampire joke, and yes, it made me smile a little.

  "I suppose it all started when I was a baby and my parents abandoned me at the orphanage." And I do not know why I say parents, because I really do not know if it was my mother or my father or whoever. The thing is, they abandoned me.

  "Do you know what your parents are called?" "I knew I was not sure I asked that question, but I did not care.

  -Do not. I never met them, they did not visit me, nor did they come to look for me again. The truth is that I do not care too much, I only wonder sometimes what happened to be abandoned. "Aaron nodded. I arrived at the baby orphanage, I suppose, and there they "adopted" me, if it could be called. They gave me a false name so no one could claim for me, if they would ever come and that was how Kelsey Brooks was born, "I smiled sadly.

  "Then your name is not-"

  "No, my name is not Kelsey or my surname Brooks, and no, I do not know my real name." I stepped forward to the question. Life was shit in there. And I'm talking seriously bullshit. I do not remember anything about how everything went there until seven, maybe eight years. We would be about one hundred and fifty kids in there or less, so we all knew each other. They were all damn abusive people who were bothering each other for the simple fact that their parents had abandoned them. The food was crap, maybe you could eat some bread and water if the big ones were on your side and they would share it for being small or if you earned it.

  -Ganabas? How did they win? His eyebrows furrowed. I stirred uncomfortably in my seat.

  I hated to bring these memories back. It was past life. But I had to if I wanted to find out what was going on. Plus I felt a strange desire to share this with Aaron.

  And as what you just said is completely stupid you deserve a slap.

  "It's ... we ... it's very complicated." He settled into the chair and waved his hand as if to say, "Go on as you can." They made us do ... things - definitely that had not been the right word.