Chapter 10: "I'll run if necessary."

Masón 😍☝☝☝☝☝☝☝😍

Chapter 10: "I'll run if necessary."

  I was in my bed, lying facing the ceiling and all I could think about was Aaron.

  Yes, Aaron Lawrence did not get out of my head no matter how hard I tried.

  I mean, I had a lot more to think about. As for example, my subjects, I had tests next week, we had gotten the job of waitresses thanks to the great recommendation of Alex, which continued to annoy Jake, which meant that he bothered Tris and that bothered me, because I could not stand her by insinuating things that did not have facts to be based on, we had to work tomorrow after school and we would go out at the time we had dinner, and still wanted to find out what was going on with the Lawrence.

  But no; I was thinking of Aaron Lawrence. In the way his eyes looked at me and how beautiful he was. As his jaw tightened when he was angry, the sound of his voice, when his eyebrows came together and his lips made a pretty face ...

  I found myself smiling at the thought.

  Kels enough, you're being pathetic.

  Yes, I was being pathetic and I felt like an idiot for being.

  I turned my body on the bed and closed my eyes trying to get some sleep.

(...)

  "Get up Kelsey, Jake's coming in ten minutes. Shower and change-The voice of

Tris listened, then slammed the door.

  I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

  You know he's probably lying to you and he's missing half an hour, right? Because it always does the same so that you run and stress.

  I showered as fast as I could and ran to my room on a towel to change the first thing I found. I dried my hair, makeup and when I was taking my bag, the doorbell rang.

  "Come on, Kels, you're down." I went to the door where Tris was waiting for me and we went downstairs.

  Jake was standing in front of his car, as usual. Tris ran to him smiling at him and kissed him as if there was no tomorrow. I greeted him with my hand before getting into the car without waiting for him to open the door for me. After ten long minutes that she was convinced to cut with her love because we would be late for school, they got in the car, Jake opening the door for Tris.

  He smiled at me in the rearview mirror and I looked away.

  -How was your job? They made it? Tris turned to him like a ray of sunlight and fought not to vomit as he brought his hand to his and took it hard.

  -We have it. Can you believe it? We have the job! She lunged for him and kissed him on the lips.

  "I do not want to cut his love or anything, but is not the driver's first rule the" eyes in front "? Tris glared at me as he walked away and Jake made a laugh.

  Okay, you want and make hearts and rainbows and all that, but do not try

Kill me I'm too young and sexy to die.

  "Maybe I'll go visit them on their first day of work." Tris smiled like a child and looked at him.

  "I do not think it's okay to go." He looked at her in confusion. I could not stop looking at you and wanting to kiss you, they're going to kick me out on my first day Jake. "His hands tightened a little more and I emitted a vomiting sound that came out of my mouth involuntarily.

 Seriously, this is too much, I need to get out of this car now.

  Tris glared at me, once more as Jake laughed harder.

  We arrived at school, between kisses, caresses, vomiting sounds, Tris fulminant glances and Jake's laughter.  

I got out of the car and started walking.

  "Kelsey, would it look good if we talked?" Jake spoke. Tris and I looked at him confused and he stared at the floor. I nodded my head and at the look Jake gave Tris she understood the message.

  Alone.

  Although I knew that he would then ask me every single thing Jake had told me.

  "I'll leave you alone." But do not take too long, they'll be late. "He walked over to Jake and kissed his lips. I'm going to miss you. "He smiled faintly.

  "Me too." He kissed her again and Tris stepped past me, pausing on me to give me a wet kiss on the cheek. Of those I hate with all my existence.

Damn Tris.

When he walked away he winked at me and started to laugh when he saw that he was cleaning my cheek with disgust.

  -What's going on? He turned his gaze to the ground again and I took two steps to hear what he had to say. If this has to do with Tris, seriously ... "I started to speak quickly, but he interrupted me.

  "It has nothing to do with Tris.

  -And so? My tone of impatience was very obvious and I did not try to hide it.

  "I wanted to apologize to you ..." I raised my eyebrows.

  What did Jake have to apologize for?

  "About the Lawrence ..."

  Ooh, it all made sense.

  "It's just that I worry about your sister, and that means I worry about you too, you know? I consider you a friend to me, and I only try to protect you.

  "What are you trying to protect me for?" I exasperated. Just tell me Jake, what do you know that makes them so dangerous? Tell me once and I will finally be able to stay away from them forever, because I will not do it for no reason.

  He looked me straight in the eye.

  -I can not.

  What the fuck?

  "I can not tell you." His tone was desperate, as if he were really trying to tell me, but there was something that strongly restrained him. Look, I will not forbid you to see them, because I am nobody to tell you, I just ask you to take care of Kels. Be careful with them. And if anything happens, no matter how small, call me, you have my number. No matter the time, or the place. I'll run if necessary.

  I was surprised to see how sincere it sounded and I could not help but feel sorry for everything I had thought of him in those days. It was not bad. Jake was very good. And I also considered him a friend. And I think after all, friends want the best for you, right?

  "I'm just asking you that." Do not trust them for a second. Just stay alert every second. And I'm serious. I'll run if I have to. "He took a few steps toward me, and something doubtful, wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I froze at the gesture.

  That is, the only person who ever cared for me was Tris. And she had been the only one he'd given her a hug in sixteen years, so she had the right to be frozen in the face of what had just happened.

  The tears came to my eyes and I screamed loudly in my head so that

Were

  Jake was the first person to worry about me, after Tris. And I did not want to be honest, but I already felt like an older brother. The least I could do for him was to fulfill what he was asking.

  And as I wrapped my arms around his back and rested my head on his chest, because he was too tall to reach his shoulder, I promised myself that I would take care of myself when I was near one of the Lawrence.

  He pulled away and smiled at me.

  "You're not going to cry, are you?" Because I'm a very sensitive person and I'll cry with you if necessary. "The laughter that came out of my mouth was involuntary, and we started walking toward the school building.

  Jake was a good person, and I was beginning to feel the love I had for him inside me.