Chapter 5: "-YOU ?!"

At lunchtime I sat next to Tris who was still indignant with all the scandal of Jake.

"Get it out of here, Tris," I said, taking some of my spaghetti.

Hey, school lunch is not so bad. That's it, or I really have issues with food.

"Think I did you a favor," I said with the food in my mouth, she looked at me badly.

"What kind of favor is shouting, not only in front of him, but also in the hall where half the student population was present, who likes his ass? She says completely and totally hysterical.

Well, if you put it that way, I'm a lousy best friend.

"You were never going to encourage him to say that you liked him," I dragged the paste into my mouth, "so for the future he will not have to do the damn question that makes any guy hesitate before asking you out." Dramatic and she raised an eyebrow.

I hate it when people do that, I can not do that. Dammit.

Roll your eyes at his gesture and I spoke

"What if he does not like me and rejects me?" I called the boy's voice perfectly, and Tris laughed.

"Okay, that's true, you're right.

When do I not have it?

He nodded, agreeing, and I put a mouthful of pasta in my mouth as a reward for those words.

"But, what if I do not like him?" What if she gets scared of what happened and thinks I'm a maniac who wants to harass him? Her tone of truth showed anguish, and the way she stirred the food confirmed what I thought.

"Look at Tris ..." I said, stopping to look at her and swallow my spaghetti. You're pretty, you're nice, maybe a little loud and okay, you're not perfect, but no one is. "She smiles at me. Any kid would be lucky to have you and I do not say it because I'm a best friend, I'm serious. And if that cute guy does not see what I see and a million people also see, then he's a jerk. She touched his chest and fanned his face as if about to cry, then touched my shoulder and I assumed that the beautiful words came for me now.

"I'd say the same thing about you, but you have sauce on your chin." I smiled as if what I had said had been tender and took his hand from my shoulder.

One wastes saliva in nice words to make the other feel good, and they only give you their contempt.

I rolled my eyes and took a paper napkin to wipe my face.

A thin, short girl walked toward us as she waved a hand at Tris and held a tray of food in the other. She wore slippers, a black shorts, and a pink shirt that matched the large elastic gum of her hair in her ponytail.

"Hello Tris," he said cheerfully and sat down on a chair. His eyes were dark brown and his hair was coal black. Very nice indeed.

Is it that all the girls and the boys were like this in this town? Why can not they be distributed around the world to make it something more beautiful? What injustice.

"Caitlyn," Tris said, "she's my sister Kelsey Brooks. Kels, she's Caitlyn Adams, sit with me in history. "I reached up and smiled.

"Pleasure," he said. I hope you do not mind me sitting here, my best friend, Sam, I was sick today and did not come to class. And since your sister is so good she offered to sit here.

"Wait ... Sam Lynch?" She nodded.

-How do you know? Tris and she looked at me in surprise.

"Sit with me in physics," they agreed, understanding. It's very kind, "I said, remembering the girl who had passed her notes when she did not understand anything the teacher was saying.

"Yes, well, sometimes it's irritating," he smiles. But it's good. "Tris and Caitlyn started talking about some do-not-what exams they had next week and I focused on my spaghetti. I did not want to worry about exams.

After about ten minutes talking about uninteresting things like "why the cycle is blue" or "why Justin Bieber had to be damn sexy but at the same time famous and unreachable", the cafeteria doors opened with a great rumble And everyone began to murmur things. I looked up at everyone, and froze for the second time in the day.

I felt my blood stop pumping through my body and my eyes widened. I shrank into my seat and leaned toward Tris who was still talking to Caitlyn as if I was not about to die of a heart attack at this moment.

"Tris ..." I whispered and shrank back into my seat, "it's them ..." I stared at the gang who had entered the cafeteria and stood in the doorway as if they were the kings of the place, inspecting it all. I shrank back into my seat so they would not be able to see me.

They were the same as I remembered them. His white skins, his eyes that stood out in their intense colors. His height and muscular bodies, which he had to admit, were very sexy despite being stalkers. Tris opened her mouth and stared at them.

"It can not be ..." he breathed. Then you did not invent anything. "

"Of course I did not invent anything, I can not believe you really believed that. Caitlyn looked up at us as we whispered and turned her gaze, now to the boys walking towards an empty table, away from us.

Thank God.

Caitlyn smiled like the Cheshire cat and looked at us.

"I see what's going on, ... they like the Lawrence brothers ..." My eyes widened and Tris choked on the water he'd just taken.

-BROTHERS?! I said in a very audible whisper as I pounded on Tris's coughing back.

"And just to make it clear, I do not like any of them," she said between coughs. Though they are fascinatingly sexy. "She laughed.

"What about them?" I asked, looking at her curiously.

"Well, they're brothers, they're handsome," she said, obviously. Although you honestly do not know much about them, you should ask the right person to tell you - my body deflated like a balloon and I sprawled in the chair - and fortunately you have the pleasure of having it in front of you - I smiled and I returned To stand right in my seat. Caitlyn leaned over on the table, as if we were going to lay a secret, and Tris and I did the same. "They're not really brothers," he said in a whisper. He walked away again but continued to whisper, "they are adopted.

"What kind of crazy person would adopt five kids?" Said Tris.

"Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence are very well known in the village," he continued in a whisper. Around us the atmosphere became less uncomfortable, but everyone kept talking lower, as if the five boys could hear absolutely everything. Mr. Lawrence is the chief physician at Oak Minds Hospital, and Mrs. Lawrence is a nurse here in Oak Hills.