Savior

Curtis' POV

I was starting to move again. But I couldn't let her know that. Which is why I had to come up with a plan to trick Brenda. She needed to be my savior. I didn't need her telling Karen that I was walking and talking again. She would make my life even worse than it is.

The doorbell rang it was Brenda. Karen ran to the door and greeted Brenda. " Sorry, I have an ham in the oven I have to take it out and set the table i'll be right back." Karen stated as she ran into the kitchen. Brenda sat her things on the couch and walked over to me. "I'm just going to check your blood pressure really fa-" I pulled her in close and told her " Shh... don't say anything I need you to tell Karen that i'll be paralyzed a little longer". Her face expression said it all she shocked.

"Listen you can't show any fear she can sense it". I whispered to her. I waited for her to respond when I saw she wouldn't I kept talking. " She planned this all, the car crash, she even changed her name to Maya. Her real name is Karen she took my daughters identity. She did something to my daughter and I don't what. They went to a party and she came back alone. Every since then she was different." I let go of Brenda when I heard footsteps.

"Okay, who wants dinner?" said Karen playfully as she walked in the living room with a knife. Brenda took a while to respond. " Sorry I..I..I have to go", she said while shaking and stuttering her words. Obviously she doesn't know how to play it cool. "Oh... ok then. Karen said with a hint of suspicion in her voice. " Well what about my dad" she asked. " He's doing fine he might need an extra month to start walking again". she said while grabbing her things and practically running out the door. " Well that was weird." She said while turning to me.

"Did you do something to make her think i'm dangerous" She asked. "I just stayed still while she stared at me".  On the inside I freaked out immediatly as I saw her eyes change colors and she began to look different. On the outside I had to stay still and look calm. The whole time she had no face expression it was blank. Suddenly she stabbed the knife into the wall and the knife stuck into the wall then grabbed her keys and walked out the door.