Spring break

BRENDA'S POV

"I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BIG THIS HOUSE IS." I screamed from behind Laya's making her jump a bit.

"I can't believe the ocean view from here." Joe said looking out of the bay window in the kitchen.

I dropped my bags and ran upstairs anxious to choose my room first. When I reached the top of the stairs the first room I saw was my type. It had an ocean view and a king sized bed. That's all I needed and all I wanted.

"I call the first room." I yelled down the stairs. I heard groans and complaints that they didn't even know we we're choosing rooms yet. I smiled and looked out the window from the doorway. The beach was empty because it was only about 11 a.m . Well I thought it was empty but I could see that there was someone on the beach. The fact that the person was alone was kind of weird. The person hands we're straight by their sides and they faced towards the ocean. They began to wave as if they were saying hi to someone but there was no one else out there. I walked all way into the room to get a closer look ..For some reason I was intrigued. When I was in front of the window I could see that the person was a woman. As if she knew I was staring again turned around still waving.

I wish I could say I was shocked by seeing who it was but i expected it. I knew we weren't safe no matter what we did or where we went. She sat there smiling at me. I didn't know how to feel so I stood with a blank expression.

"BRENDA," Curtis called from downstairs. I snapped my head back towards the stairs.

"Coming," I said turning to look out the window again. Only to face an empty beach. I slowly backed away from the window and walked downstairs.

"Let's go out to eat," said Laya.

"Why when we can cook something." I suggested. "I mean I just don't feel safe leaving."

"She's all the way in Kentucky." She stated.

"Yeah but Karen can easily find us,"Joe interrupted. "The best thing would be for us to just to stay out of sight."

"But it's spring break we can't just stay inside." Ryan said.

"It's safer." Curtis said.

"Chances are she's going to find us anyway," Laya said.

"That's true, we might as well have fun while we can,"Ryan said.

"Fine," I groaned. "But I still want to make my own breakfast,"

"Deal," We said simultaneously.

Four hours later

"Put me down," I screamed before splashing into the ocean. The coldness hit my face as I was plunged into the water. My head bobbed above the water and my vision was blurred. "I hate you," I stared at the blurred person in front of me.

"Love you too," Joe said running away. "Now come on Ryan and I can't wait to beat you in volleyball."

"I hope you really don't believe you can beat us." I said running to shore. I arrived just in time time see Laya and Ryan trash talking each other.

"Trust me you don't won't want it ," Laya said standing on her tip toes to stare Ryan in the eyes.

"Okay well see," Ryan said smiling. Then he jumped at Laya making her back up just a bit.

"Oh it's on," she said with a small grin playing at her mouth.

After playing for about forty-five minutes we were tied at the number of games we won. Laya and I had won two games and so have Joe and Ryan.

"Alright final game," Joe said while serving the ball.

"The food will be done in five." Curtis said from the patio. The best part of the beach house was that we basically just had to walk out the back door to be at the beach. And the food wasn't that far either.

After a close game and us losing we sat down on our beach towels to eat.

"What's wrong sad you lost," Ryan asked talking to me and Laya. Before I could say anything Laya spoke up.

"Please that was luck not skill," Laya rolled her eyes. "You can barely even walk straig-."Right in the middle of her sentence Ryan threw a burger at her face. That led to an hour long food fight between the five of us.

And not to brag but I feel like the girls and the boys were even after that food fight. Laya and I ran inside the bathroom and locked the door. We got cleaned off and I expected to get smacked in the face with a wet hot dog bun or something when I opened the door. But instead we came out and there was no one in the house. So we went back outside and the boys were just outside sitting near a bonfire warming marsh-mellows. I took a seat next to Joe and he passed me a stivck with a marsh-mellow on it. It was so weird how right it felt being with these people. This may sound crazy but I think maybe fate brought us together. I don't remember what happened after that but I know all of us went to sleep.

When I woke up I was in a cover laying in the sand. I only saw a blur but I immediatley knew who I was looking at. I blinked a couple of times and saw very clearly that from a distance Karen was watching us. I woke everyobody up and showed them what I saw. I pointed to Karen who was about 75 feet away.

"I'm getting real sick of this chick," Laya said standing up.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked.

"I say we confront her," Joe shrugged.

"That's a good idea I mean where can she go?"Ryan said.

"Not that far,"Curtis said beginning to walk towards Karen and we all followed behind him. When we finally reached in front of her she didn't look suprised.

The only words she spoke were,"I've been waiting for you all." Exacly when she said that she pulled out a gun. "Step foward Laya, I think its best I kill you know this has been going too long." Laya looked at me worriedly. To be honest I was scared for her I had no plan to save her. I tried to think quick but nothing came to mind.

Before anything could happen Laya grabbed Karen's wrist. A gunshot rang out and we all backed up while they continued to fight. Laya wrestled with Karen until the gun was in the sand. I then heard police sirens. Karen dived down to get it. Laya stepped on Karens hand and picked up the gun. The sirens got closer and before I knew it Laya had the gun up to Karens head.

"You're right this has been going on too long," Laya said getting ready to pull the trigger.

"Put your weapon down ma'am." An officer said getting out of his car. Laya did what she was told and dropped the gun. Then another police car showed up. The officer ran over to Laya and told her put her hands behind her back. He handcuffed her then put her in the back of the cop car.

Joe ran up to the police officer to explain to the officer that it wasn't what it looked like.

Laya's POV

While I was in the back of the cop car I noticed that one of the officers got a call on their radio from the cop car next to the one I was in. While he was walking up to the car I read his name tag it said Danes. His partner walked up to the car to listen and see what was going on.

Meanwhile Joe is trying to tell the other two cops that Karen is very dangerous and big surprise they don't believe him.  From the corner of my eye I seen Karen crawling towards the gun.

"HEY " I tried to get everyone attention but so much was going on they weren't listening.

I started trying to get out of the handcuffs and at the same time she got the gun. She started shooting like a maniac at the car Danes and his partner were in. The cars hood was on fire at first and before I knew it the whole car was on fire and it exploded.

I stared in horror as I saw everyone look in at the flaming remains of the police car. I looked back to where Karen was and she was gone. I started trying even harder to get out of the handcuffs and somehow I did.

My heart was racing and my mind was filled with numerous thoughts. I did the first thing that came to mind getting the hell outta here. I went to the front of the car and jumped in he drivers seat and sped off as fast as I could.

BRENDA POV

Where is she going?"  I heard Ryan ask from behind me.

I didn't reply be side I had more questions than anyone. My number one being did my best friend just betray me?